Has your DJI Pilot App shown 'Disconnected' during flight recently?

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
This has me really excited about a possible solution. Can you confirm exactly what symptoms you had and what device you were using to control the P3 when you got the "disconnected" issue? I'm going to try this as soon as I get home now! Fingers crossed!

Symptoms were just random disconnects (not "No signal or low signal") it would actually say "disconnected" - And it would not reconnect unless I closed everything down and reconnected.

To be fair, I think I did have one disconnect after I did the re-link - BUT it recovered itself and reconnected in about 10 seconds without any intervention from me..

Last week I flew the Phantom for several hours straight and did not have a single disconnect.

Might be a coincidence that it worked for both of us.... but then again, it can't hurt to try. The other thing you should definitely try is changing out the cable - again... can't hurt.

Reactions: davemex
Symptoms were just random disconnects (not "No signal or low signal") it would actually say "disconnected" - And it would not reconnect unless I closed everything down and reconnected.

To be fair, I think I did have one disconnect after I did the re-link - BUT it recovered itself and reconnected in about 10 seconds without any intervention from me..

Last week I flew the Phantom for several hours straight and did not have a single disconnect.

Might be a coincidence that it worked for both of us.... but then again, it can't hurt to try. The other thing you should definitely try is changing out the cable - again... can't hurt.

Awesome. That sounds exactly like how the issue manifests for me. I'll keep using a cable that I know works but will try to re-link tonight. I'm going to be super happy if this means I don't lose my drone to DJI for nearly 2 months during the crucial summer flying season.

Problem for newbies is that the search function is hidden behind that grey bar along the top of the screen, at least it is on my setup.

Maybe get Jacob to look at this?

Thank you! I couldn't find it for the life of me. On a PC running Firefox if that helps the webmaster.

Reactions: happydays
Awesome. That sounds exactly like how the issue manifests for me. I'll keep using a cable that I know works but will try to re-link tonight. I'm going to be super happy if this means I don't lose my drone to DJI for nearly 2 months during the crucial summer flying season.

Hope it works dude :) good luck!

Thank you! I couldn't find it for the life of me. On a PC running Firefox if that helps the webmaster.

Same with me - on a mac on safari it is visible.

Quick test

PC - firefox - hidden
PC - IE - visible
PC - Chrome - visible

Mac - safari - visible
Mac - firefox - hidden
Mac - Chrome - visible

I therefore conclude that firefox is the culprit! Result!

Happened to me last night with the drone sitting on my living room floor two feet from me. I was playing around with various settings and adjusting the camera when it lost connection and grayed out. I pressed the back button on my phone and the screen went black. Then pressed the power button and phone turned on to my home screen but I heard a voice alert from the app saying "connected" I believe. Swiped my home screen to remove it and was back in the app and connected. The drone had been on for probably 20-30 minutes. Also happened once while flying at the end of a long flight. Don't remember if it automatically reconnected or not. In my case it seems to be either time related or could be whenever I mess with the camera settings the app seems sluggish after that and more likely to crash. Full disclosure, I am a Noob with only 5 flights!

P3A with latest firmware
Android App v1.2
Note 3 with tons of apps on it. I have never turned off BT or Wifi before flight
I use the cable that came from DJI

I was getting the disconnects at about 800 feet (sometimes less, much less). It occurred on my Android tablet and Android smartphone, so I bought an Ipad Air 2. The disconnects continued with IOS as well. I performed a RC re-connect and have not had any issues since. Even after the lasted firmware update.

Reactions: davemex
Holy crap guys. After hours of trying stuff, re-pairing the controller appears to have done the trick! I went through two batteries today and only had a brief, maybe half second, disconnect. That probably wasn't related to the original issue anyways.

So yes, re-pairing the controller with the drone fixed the issue for me. Thank you all again for mentioning this fix!

Reactions: Buckaye
16th Jan 2016 Had a major 5 min dissconnection during flight over water. Scared the hell out of me!
dji pro 3 running latest go app
latest firmware - updated last week
ipad mini 2 with genuine mac cable.
Screen showed 'disconnected'
Had to reopen Go app and reestablish connection.
Before diconnect I was flying in course lock mode
this was cancelled out during disconnect and restarted in normal mode so controls sent drone in wrong direction.
This is a major problem and really needs sorting.

Had my p3p disconnect on a long range flight. Initiated rth then it disconnected . Phantom 3 pro came back after 12 long minutes but never regained connection . Stayed "disconnected" even after hand catching and powering off ". Reconnected after several power cycles Will delink for safe measures

Use to happen to me before I changed from my Iconia tablet which worked perfect till my latest FW upgrade. Moved to a Nexus 7 and it stopped.

It seems like a lot of people here are experiencing the DJI Pilot app going grey and showing 'Disconnected' during flight. I'm not talking about for a few seconds, it will drop and not reconnect without powering the controller off then back on, which will initiate a RTH.

If this has happened to you recently please post your Model, Firmware, Version (iOS/Android) and any other helpful information.

P3A
v1.1.9
iOS v1.1.2
Using 1ft Anker lightening cable
Outside temp around 90F
Yes and why am I not getting more than 1,200 feet away from me before it warns me

Can anyone tell me why I keep getting the red warning no more than 1,200 feet away I sent it back to DJI to investigate

After approximately 30 flights, suddenly while in flight, the controller showed "disconnected". Fortunately it came back and landed within 10 feet of the takeoff point.
Phantom 4
App Version 2.8.4
Aircraft Version 01.01.0411-
Remote Controller Version 1.6.0
Flight Controller Serial Number 07JDD23001036A
Using the ribbon cable that came with the unit.

Any solutions?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl