Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Advanced DJI Pilot App "Disconnected" mid-flight

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by tonyt76, Jun 21, 2015.

1. tonyt76

I was flying my P3A today when out of nowhere the FPV video went out and the app showed 'Disconnected' up top. I let the Phantom hover and tried to exit the app and come back in. I also unplugged the lightening cable from the iPad and controller, but nothing would fix it. I landed the phantom by line of sight and brought it home. When I fired it up at home the app works again?!?

The only thing that i've changed is I purchased a 1ft Anker lightening cable from Amazon. When I was using my Apple lightening cable I never experienced this issue. Could it be the cable or is it pure coincidence?

2. bobmyers

Those wires on the cables are too delicate-- a brand new one could go bad-- maybe a manufacture defect. I carry an extra ipad cable in my vehicle.

3. LordEvil

This is happening to a lot folk's, the app crashing during flight. Happens to me each flight where I am using video. Just hit the back button a few times and go back into the app and it should come back online. It's a pain!

FELIPE RABANAL likes this.
  4. tonyt76

LordEvil,

What lightening cable are you using?

5. ScottyT

Hopefully just a one-off. I had a similar thing with my Android phone once - just disconnected mid flight...remote was still connected so just did an RTH.
    Restarting the app, tablet or replugging in the cable at either in didn't work. I restarted the RC transmitter and the app connected again. Not happened since. I was on 1.19 f/w at the time.