Has anyone had problems with birds

Green_Phantom said:
Out here in Hawaii we have egrets. These stupid looking dudes love my phantom. I had a crash because one of these guys got bold one time and broke off half a prop because he decided to attack it.

Usually they're pretty mellow birds.

Most birds are highly territorial, especially around nesting season in the spring/summer. They are just doing what they do and and they don't know how dangerous these robotic 'birds' can potentially be to their health. :shock: I think it's always best to avoid birds (or bats) if you can because the outcome will likely be bad for both biological and mechanical 'bird'.

Sasquatch said:
walexx said:
I was flying one night and around this time all the bats come out, heres a vid I made of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29M9xu1vGo8

Where are you located...those look like flying foxes and even though in the same genus as other bats, are much, MUCH larger. :eek: ;)

The video was taken in Sydney Australia at a place called Turella Reserve. The bats come out every night in Summer just as the sun goes down. Kinda like some freaky horror movie ha ha ha.

walexx said:
Sasquatch said:
The video was taken in Sydney Australia at a place called Turella Reserve. The bats come out every night in Summer just as the sun goes down. Kinda like some freaky horror movie ha ha ha.

I figured as much...either that or Indonesia. ;) Those type of bats pose a much greater risk and taking into consideation your 'average' bat species.....around the world. The Australian species has a 4-5 foot wingspan (weighs approx. 1 Kg) and could do considerable damage to our Phantoms IF there is contact. Steer clear of them and/or try to avoid them while you're flying your mechanical bird.

JMHO on the subject.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl