Ham radio op check in...

Reaction score
Looks like there are at least two other hams on the site.

Call here is AB7FH, located in Wittmann, AZ.

Does anyone use their Phantom for live ATV broadcast?

KE5YYU from Houston.
Haven't used ATV with quads though.

KG7FEH in Flagstaff

I have a Phantom 1. Several months ago I set up the 200 mw transmitter and receiver combination sold by Hobby King I bought a 7 inch monitor which I have mounted on a tripod. The combination works very well. There are multiple You Tube videos reviewing installation which is easy once the task is understood. The longest distance flown with useful video is about 0.9 miles. I haven't tried for longer distances.

Go for it!

Memo

Former KA3USE (let my tech ticket expire a while back :oops:), will probably renew again soon now that I have another excuse to use the soldering iron :D

My dad is still active, KD3VK, and loves getting CQ's from anybody who says they met me lol.

I'm curious if any of the active Ham's in here are or have been involved in RACES/ARES?

N5CRK here, from Calif but formally from El Paso,TX
Lived in Germany 10 years with DA1YM (Man I loved that call sign, Delta America One Yankee Mike) MARS member making calls stateside for my troops. (it was nice of the Army to supply the gear)
I haven't done much with it in the last few years, to much else keeping me busy.

rickhz said:
Looks like there are at least two other hams on the site.

Call here is AB7FH, located in Witttmann, AZ.

Does anyone use their Phantom for live ATV broadcast?

5B4AFQ here in Europe Cyprus :) P1, P2 proud owner

Piso Mojado said:
KG7FEH in Flagstaff

I have a Phantom 1. Several months ago I set up the 200 mw transmitter and receiver combination sold by Hobby King I bought a 7 inch monitor which I have mounted on a tripod. The combination works very well. There are multiple You Tube videos reviewing installation which is easy once the task is understood. The longest distance flown with useful video is about 0.9 miles. I haven't tried for longer distances.

Go for it!

Memo

Sure would be cool to get some video of Sunset Crater from a quad :D

rickhz said:
Has anyone used their Phantom for live ATV (amateur television)?

Not yet, but my dad has already mentioned that, so I may help him try that soon. I think he's eyeing it as a packet repeater too lol.

Btw I did a practice test for tech this week and passed by a comfortable margin (without any refresher beforehand, which surprised me), so I'll be taking it for real the next time I can.

W5WSR (AKA Quadude) in Lake Jackson, Texas. Home of the W5WSR Winlink/Winmore RMS. I haven't got into ATV, but sounds interesting. Maybe we should look at a project sometime.

K4GRP, here. Sounds like we have enough hams for a 40 meter net.
I have the Phantom 1 and the PV 2.
There is a lot of discussion about improving the signal of the wi-fi extender between it and the camera on the PV2. I suggested mounting the wi-fi extender on a long poll to get it up higher. Since all you guys are hams, I suspect you understand, the higher the better. I have not had a chance to try that yet due to the wx. Most of the discussions have centered around more power.

I am wondering if any of you guys have tried this, assuming that some of you have the PV2

Chuck

KK6GBY

Glendora, CA

I broadcast from my F330 flame wheel w/Naza Lite and a 200mW on board Tx on 5.8 GHz and fly FPV using my laptop for a display. I record the flight with a separate on board mini-video cam. I control with a JR 9303/2.4 GHz which I also use for my helis (Hirobo 50 & 90 and Twrecks 450 V1) and a few planes.

Can't get enough of the FPV stuff!

KK6EYP checking in, central California coast, Santa Cruz mountains!

often use the quad to check my antenna mount in the trees.

Nidge said:
My call is "G0NIG".

However I have given up amateur radio ( licensed for 30 years ) in preference for multi-rotor and robotic flight.

Regards

Nidge

...and helping youtubers with gimbal signal pin issues ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl