Ham radio op check in...

OI Photography said:
Former KA3USE (let my tech ticket expire a while back :oops:), will probably renew again soon now that I have another excuse to use the soldering iron :D

My dad is still active, KD3VK, and loves getting CQ's from anybody who says they met me lol.

I'm curious if any of the active Ham's in here are or have been involved in RACES/ARES?

I was involved with Races LA county, San Dimas mid 70's, before I moved to Oregon. Call back then was WA6VFM. Now is N7GYL.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 via Tapatalk

Hiway said:
Nidge said:
My call is "G0NIG".

However I have given up amateur radio ( licensed for 30 years ) in preference for multi-rotor and robotic flight.

Regards

Nidge

...and helping youtubers with gimbal signal pin issues ;)

And I would have got away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling kids :D

Regards

Nidge

Ots said:
KK6GBY

Glendora, CA

I broadcast from my F330 flame wheel w/Naza Lite and a 200mW on board Tx on 5.8 GHz and fly FPV using my laptop for a display. I record the flight with a separate on board mini-video cam. I control with a JR 9303/2.4 GHz which I also use for my helis (Hirobo 50 & 90 and Twrecks 450 V1) and a few planes.

Can't get enough of the FPV stuff!
I fly helie's as well, have a Hirobo 50 and a few spare's which I want to sell, getting to old now and selling up.

Hello All

Nice to see quite a few Radio Amateurs on the forum. I used to do a lot of Amateur Television (ATV), I was the first repeater keeper to have a 2.4GHz ATV repeater in the UK. Due to work commitments have not done much in the last 5 years. But still make it to the local amateur radio club. Quite a few members are into Digital ATV at the club on 70cm and 23cm.

I bought a phantom 2 with Gimbal 1 1/2 weeks ago and only have had chance to use 3 battery charges up to now. Lucky I already had a HERO 3+, which I purchased from B&H when I was in New York just before Christmas.

I'm quite interested in the digital Lightbridge, but going to see what I is available to the Radio Amateurs light enough for the Phantom 2.

Regards All

Richard G7MF0

Ots said:
KK6GBY

Glendora, CA

I broadcast from my F330 flame wheel w/Naza Lite and a 200mW on board Tx on 5.8 GHz and fly FPV using my laptop for a display. I record the flight with a separate on board mini-video cam. I control with a JR 9303/2.4 GHz which I also use for my helis (Hirobo 50 & 90 and Twrecks 450 V1) and a few planes.

Can't get enough of the FPV stuff!

Hey OTS from Glendora also...what are some good spots local here to film...and whats a good open park to fly. this is litterally going to be my first time flying besides the front yard. Im charging up my batts right now, and probably head to Fink Park

N8BMH in cold, cold Michigan. The growers are three weeks behind this year because of the cold and wet fields.

WA4EGI. Current license but not really active. I do remember which cupboard the transceiver is in, however.

CQ. CQ...

KC4YHX in South Florida.

The Motorola S. Fl. Paging Division's club had the best 2 meter repeater with autopatch in south Fla.

(Motorola who???)

73s!

KD4NUE
Brunswick, GA

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20