h3 2d tilt problem

Reaction score
I had a crash and now I cant get full tilt up anyone have any suggestions on calibration of the gimbal ? everything works fine just wont come up quite as far as it did before crash and it goes past 90 looking down

I have the exact same issue. If anyone knows what this might be caused by, please share!!

I've written my vendor as well as DJI regarding this issue. Will share once or if they respond.

Put in a ticket with DJI America as well as B&H.
B&H told me to download the assistant software and upgrade firmware
DJI NAmerica told me to send it in for a 2-3 week repair time.

OK then! Progress!!!

GundoLarry said:
Put in a ticket with DJI America as well as B&H.
B&H told me to download the assistant software and upgrade firmware
DJI NAmerica told me to send it in for a 2-3 week repair time.

OK then! Progress!!!

It seems this problem has been posted here numerous times but worded differently. LOL!!! It always the same outcome, e-mail DJI Los Angelos, get a RMA, send it in and wait. I'm on my 2nd week of waiting. LOL!!!

There has to be firmware that sets up the gimbal balance and end points- like the other aftermarket gimbals, there is source code but DJI plays proprietary... not open source- hence they have to either fix it or have authorized service... I suspect they need to open authorized service centers and start handing out some of the guts but are afraid to for fear of somebody copying it and reverse engineering it...

If my gimbal goes out of whack- and it has from severe smacks- I can mount the gopro and recalibrate it back to "normal" ...I think it's long past time for DJI to stop hamstringing their customers- I will have no problem jumping on board with another option if they are going to insist on pretending to be apple... that ship has sailed and the model is flawed- look what android did to them. Proprietary software and hardware will net you small market share- but open source and open platform will break the nets- DJI has a chance... right now to be very different. My guess is whoever is running the show has too much ego to see it...dare to be different DJI... I dare you.

On the other hand, my money is going to pick up a 3 axis gimbal in the upcoming months... and I bet others as well... I wonder who will get it?

So how about sharing how to re calibrate the gimble!!! Mine is doing the same thing. And my phantom is on it's way to dji with power issues. I think I'm gunna dump this phantom 2 hearing lots of problems.

FYI - I just received an e-mail from DJI Lost Angelos that my gimbal has been fixed and is being sent to shipping. The best part, "No Charge"...........nice!!! Not bad, it only took two weeks.

I had a similar issue and really was at the point of sending the whole unit back to an Amazon vendor. I didn't have a crash but my gimbal just totally stopped tilting. I suspected a loose cable vs. sudden hardware failure and while at a local dealer we even took apart the remote and troubleshooted with different controllers etc. Same result, I was pretty frustrated to say the least.

I had read that the gimbal tab on the assistant software had no effect on the h32d - I performed all calibrations and then started thinking I have nothing to lose by digging deeper into firmware etc. Since I already had the latest software and firmware etc - I thought that maybe if I wrote over the gimbal firmware it may correct itself. When doing this I still did not have movement, and also received a notification (Error 224) - no idea at all.

I then thought looking over at the transmitter (DJI Remote) that if it has a micro-usb port there must be firmware for it right? I installed the RC Assistant and although I don't recall the exact version - I was using a very only firmware. When selecting the upgrade it specifically mentioned an improved user experience for the h3 2d - It also mentioned specific steps for calibration once the update takes place. I recall that it mentioned that after the update calibration must be done in the regular Assistant software.
After the update I returned to the assistant software and at last a working tilt function.

My guess is my gimbal IMU firmware was far above my transmitter. Now I can actually calibrate the gimbal - I still cannot believe the method of connection that the lever makes with the potentiometer on the board. In fact looking inside things like the controller make me really think there has to be something a lot better for such a cool machine. In most cases I carry my phantom around in the case like its a nuclear weapon and very fragile. Indeed after seeing the guts, I wasn't far off..

Hope that helps if anyone has the drama I have had.

Thats awesome news. Some of us, however, had a perfectly good, normally functioning gimbal. And, because of a crash, or updating to 1.8 gimbal firmware, the thing is now acting abnormally.

I'll be sending mine in to DJI LA this week. It's driving distance from my house, but not sure they'd be happy to take real, live people/guests into their brand new shop. DJI is still trying to fill open positions at the L.A. shop.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl