Grey Props

Reaction score
Anyone flying with the new DJI Grey Props?
I picked up a set but haven't tried them out yet.

They also came out with Red Tipped White Props but the Red stripes are only on the top tips. I guess that works fine if you fly with the Phantom down in a canyon.

I have the grey props and they work great.

I can't find any info on them but I would think they are the same as the whites. I am hoping they are just more visable when flying against lighter backgrounds.

I Was in a hobby store recently and they had all white, white with blue tips, white with red tips, and grey - all official DJI equipment so in terms of the props themselves I can't tell any different, and they've all worked in various mixed states on my P2 normally

QYV said:
I Was in a hobby store recently and they had all white, white with blue tips, white with red tips, and grey - all official DJI equipment so in terms of the props themselves I can't tell any different, and they've all worked in various mixed states on my P2 normally

How was visabilty with the Grey's?
Can you see the outline better when flying with them?

Thanks

I have dyed plastic parts in the past including nylon on my single-rotors.

However, the resulting color is unpredictable at first and typically leans towards pastel.

Xrover said:
How was visabilty with the Grey's?
Can you see the outline better when flying with them?

Thanks

honestly I've never really paid that much attention to trying to watch the props... I don't have a FPV kit on my P2 quite yet so all my flying has been done by watching the Phantom and I use the LEDs on the bottom to figure out which direction it's pointed.

what exactly are you trying to watch the props for?

I wanted to see if the prop edges are more visible when flying past trees or structures. I've clipped a few tree branches in the past because the white props sometimes aren't that noticeable and it's hard to judge your clearance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing