Greetings from Oregon

Reaction score
Hello all,
I live in Springfield Oregon, but I'm originally from Wisconsin, and spent time in Denver. I'm fairly new to the drone world. I've been flying a toy with a camera for a while (less expensive to crash). My Phantom is in the mail, and I'm making steps into commercial drone jobs. My longtime professions of music and art are far from stable, and drone piloting is something I'll actually enjoy. Before I post my newbie questions here, is there a specific forum section for that? Thanks!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Before I post my newbie questions here, is there a specific forum section for that?
Before posting a new question, you can use the forum search to see if someone else already asked it. When making a new Phantom-related post, you should post in the Discussion or Help forum for your Phantom model. You can find that forum here.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Thanks! My Phantom 4 Pro+ just arrived in the mail. I should have expected, like any computerized device, to spend a couple hours bug hunting. I'm mostly good now, I had the DJI app crash problem, but it seems to only happen now if I have an sd card in the RC slot. I was also hoping to clarify some rules about dirt strip airports with no towers, and a forum search helped a lot with that. I think I'm clear, or at least I know I'm not the only one who's confused.

So I guess my only immediate question is why would I need an sd card in the controller?

why would I need an sd card in the controller?
Most people only use it to install firmware on the remote controller. It's faster than downloading it from the remote controller.

Hello all,
I live in Springfield Oregon, but I'm originally from Wisconsin, and spent time in Denver. I'm fairly new to the drone world. I've been flying a toy with a camera for a while (less expensive to crash). My Phantom is in the mail, and I'm making steps into commercial drone jobs. My longtime professions of music and art are far from stable, and drone piloting is something I'll actually enjoy. Before I post my newbie questions here, is there a specific forum section for that? Thanks!

Just curious what kind of commercial drone jobs are you looking to get into?

Mostly real estate and other photo/video jobs to start with. Maybe tourism vids, Oregon has the nature beauty for it. Hopefully with enough practice I can later get into surveying and inspection. There are a lot of farms around here, but an infrared rig is pretty far down the road. I've been studying for the 107 exam, I think I might get it scheduled by the end of the month.

I have a background in music and graphic art, so I'm comfortable on the post-production side of a video, too.

Reactions: FrequentHighFlyer
@STGill

WAW ?

Welcome to the forum!

Water And Wind :eek:

I do nothing professional, well maybe beer. :rolleyes:

I would like to setup here and capture a train someday.
I'm not sure if they use those tracks, something else I was going to look into. ;)

This was a P2V+

Rod

"My longtime professions of music and art are far from stable, and drone piloting..." ah have I got news for you STG taking up droning is continuing the trend :p
you'll have the up's and down's (yep pun intended folks) but it's a lot of fun and you'll have the support of a great mob of people and some of it is even correct :D

"My longtime professions of music and art are far from stable, and drone piloting..." ah have I got news for you STG taking up droning is continuing the trend :p
you'll have the up's and down's (yep pun intended folks) but it's a lot of fun and you'll have the support of a great mob of people and some of it is even correct :D

Yeah, I figured. I know I'm just piling on another freelance job I can do. Still, it will be fun and I didn't have to go back to school for 2-4 years :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl