Gps signal lost

Reaction score
Updated my P4P to V 01.04.602 some days ago. Did the usual calibrations and compass calibration before take off. Was flying about 1000 ft away and 100 ft alt. over water, when I got a waring that Gps signal was lost and the bird went to Atti mode(had 16 satelites before takeoff). The bird started drifting so I took it towards home in atti. Then suddenly gps signal was back, and all was ok. Don't know what had interferred the gps on the bird. Is it a firmware or hardware issue I don't know. Anyway rolled back to the v 01.03.0509 firmware that worked well.

Try 5.8, see if that helps, lots if 2.4 noise from every router in every home.

Not saying iut will gix any thing, but a good idea.
GPS loss, will that does happen, even with a good one on a bicycle, building and stuff block it momentary.

Updated my P4P to V 01.04.602 some days ago. Did the usual calibrations and compass calibration before take off. Was flying about 1000 ft away and 100 ft alt. over water, when I got a waring that Gps signal was lost and the bird went to Atti mode(had 16 satelites before takeoff). The bird started drifting so I took it towards home in atti. Then suddenly gps signal was back, and all was ok. Don't know what had interferred the gps on the bird. Is it a firmware or hardware issue I don't know. Anyway rolled back to the v 01.03.0509 firmware that worked well.
The usual calibrations??
There is no need to recalibrate anything and doing that can cause problems.
The most common cause of loss of GPS is a compass problem caused by a bad calibration.
The Phantom can't handle conflicting data so drops GPS data.
Where did you recalibrate?

Upload your flight data and we may be able to see more.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides

2.4 vs 5.8 GHz affects your control signal but has nothing to do with GPS.

Reactions: TEvgeny

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72