GPS not working after re-shell

Reaction score
I bent my brand new Vision + on its second flight. I have re-shelled it but now the GPS is not getting a lock. Is there anything I can try to revive it? Or should I just bite the bullet and reach for the credit card?

I did keep the RF shielding. I basically stripped the old shell and re-fitted it all in the new shell. Pretty straightforward once I had worked out that the RC unit was glued to the motherboard.

Did you plug everything in correctly? Plugs correctly oriented? Was the GPS module cracked from the incident that required the re-shell? Try reseating the connectors and make sure they are correctly oriented.

The app says zero satellites, in fact the satellite icon is grey. The connector from the GPS unit is not a great fit into the socket marked GPS on the main board but they are a match...

gps.jpg

Might be kind of a dumb point - so excuse me - be sure when you install the GPS array the antenna is pointing skyward and the chips and stuff on the round board are facing down.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I am pretty sure I connected it correctly, so I have ordered a new one. My crash was only a little one but it was enough to bend the shell, and It seems it was enough to trash the GPS module :(

Kentigern said:
Just received a new GPS module, which has made no difference at all. Gah!

maybe your app is faulty. My android app once showed 0 sats. I then used the iphone and sats showed 7. Switched back to andriod app and it was fine again. I'm on the new 3.06.
go outside, turn on the transmitter and turn on the phantom and see if you get green lights.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl