Gps no longer available

Reaction score
Hello, I need some help with my p3pro. I've had my phantom 3 pro for a couple of years now and after a year i had one crash it went maybe 10 feet in the air then nose dived into the street. Don't know what happened but it completely did it on its own as I only had my left toggle pushed up. Anyway, I had the shell replaced and it needed a new connection wire for the gimbal.
So I've been flying it without any problems since. Then out of the blue I went to fly my drone the other day and my gps stopped working. It's not even an option on my app, the screen has been grayed out, also I can't fly in any other mode. I believe I've tried everything possible including turning the gps off then on again, recalabrating, removing and reinstalling the app and a few other things to no avail. I went through the archives and didn't see anything exactly like my problem so hopefully some one out there has encountered the gps problem I'm having and knows of a solution. Thanks in advance if you have any helpful info you can pass my way.

Then out of the blue I went to fly my drone the other day and my gps stopped working. It's not even an option on my app, the screen has been grayed out, also I can't fly in any other mode. I believe I've tried everything possible including turning the gps off then on again, recalabrating, removing and reinstalling the app and a few other things to no avail.
Turning the GPS off? There's no way to turn off GPS. The GPS receiver is on whenever the Phantom is on.
There's no calibration for GPS, calibrating anything else won't make any difference to GPS.
If you have no GPS, the two most likely causes are either a bad connection where the GPS plugs into the main board or a non-functioning GPS unit.

The shell usually comes with GPS attached to the top shell, wich needs to be carefully removed, if the cable is broken/loose that might be the cause
UaE1teA

Yeah, that's often another issue to solve - users describe their interpretation of their issue, not the facts. Sometimes it provides more info, but much more often it clouds the image.

Is this a drone GPS module issue?
Is this mobile device GPS module issue?
Is this an issue with flight modes, including GPS mode?

The proper description should be in a form:
"I do X and the result is Y while I expected Z.
I already tried A, B, C."

The first part is missing here.

I would agree with the posts that suggests that you check connections. Especially the one from the GPS module in the top shell. Like all things electronic, first check the plugs, the do neurosurgery. Good luck.

Reactions: Imf44

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72