GPS Fastner

Reaction score
Hi What do I need to fasten GPS down on landing gear
Thank You
DSC00294.JPG

That's NOT a GPS antenna.... its actually an antenna for the Phantom's Receiver.
The Receiver communicates with the Transmitter (sometimes called a Remote) that you use to control flight.

DJI just uses what looks like a cloth reinforced tape to attach the antenna to the inside of a landing gear leg.

Using just plain Scotch Tape should also be just fine if you can't find the stronger cloth reinforced tape.

Be sure that any tape you use has no metal in it or it might interfere with the radio signals sent by the Transmitter.

I use zip-ties for jobs like this, just my preference as I hate sticky tape!
Probably OK but zip ties do have small wire strands in them that might negatively affect how reliably the remote and receiver communicate with each other. Probably no effect but why chance it...;)

There's no worries over the small metal tab in some zip- ties.
I understand the cautionary stance but this is nothing to worry about.

Hmmm... Maybe I have learnt something today but as far as I am aware the vast majority of zip-ties (or cable ties in the UK) are simple nylon affairs with no metal tags? I believe those intended for the food industry do contain metal to enable detection in foodstuffs but all of mine are all nylon. Interesting subject though

I'd stick it with a small blob of clear silicone sealant.

The old landing gear had white tape but it was broken there so I wasn't sure if the white tape was holding landing gear together Thanks for the replys

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl