Got insurance for my Phantom 4

What about Liability insurance? I understand getting the aircraft replaced, but what happens if during a flyaway it causes personal harm or structural damage?

How are you guys covering that type of situation?

View attachment 78155 They even took a photo of me with my Phantom. Mine was the first drone they have ever insuredView attachment 78155

When I saw the Tigers logo I thought you might be from Michigan, then I saw the location in your signature and I was pretty sure you might be from Michigan. Upon further review it says "Mid Michigan", but I see an "M" in the photo not an "S".......... ??????????

J/K

When I saw the Tigers logo I thought you might be from Michigan, then I saw the location in your signature and I was pretty sure you might be from Michigan. Upon further review it says "Mid Michigan", but I see an "M" in the photo not an "S".......... ??????????

J/K
I have been a life long Wolverine fan. My son got his Masters degree at Michigan. Go Blue!

I need to find a reasonably priced company to insure my drone. State Farm only has one agent in my state (MA) . They don't insure drones in MA/RI.

Does coverage only apply to the state you live in? As many drone users takes their drones to foreign lands. Mine is currently in St. Martin.

Thanks to all of you knowledgeable Phantom pilots I was able to insure my Phantom 4 today. My home and auto are not insured with State Farm but they will insure my Phantom, with Marco Polo transmitter for $60 a year, no deductible. Now I can sleep at night!

Thanks again!
I live in Ft. Pierce, Fl and had heard that State Farm was insuring drones. I gave them a call and they new nothing about it. The lady was very nice and checked with the main office, same answer. I wonder if anybody in Florida has gotten State Farm insurance on their drone.

Yeah, I have read on here about others that have used State Farm for this same purpose. I have all my insurance through Farm Bureau so naturally I tried them first. After some lengthy questions and such, I got mine insured but it has a $100 deductible. After my year is up, I will check with State Farm for sure. They have been trying to get my business for several years now and I just may let them. Glad you got it covered! Now, just don't use it! :)
Jim
WA5TEF.
I quote my insurance every two years, there is no loyalty.

What about Liability insurance? I understand getting the aircraft replaced, but what happens if during a flyaway it causes personal harm or structural damage?

How are you guys covering that type of situation?
I am interested in Liability insurance for my drone, I will need to get in touch with my state farm agent.

I've used Verifly maybe half dozen times...I like the convenience, and especially that I can have them send an email
copy of the certificate to my customer so they know I'm covered.

1. One of my kids was driving our car when a friend, who was riding in the back seat, tossed a water balloon out the window. That balloon hit another car, shattering the windshield. The driver sued the kid's parents - and me - and our homeowner's insurance policies paid out (OOOOOOOH how they paid out! $120K total! [the other driver sues anybody she can for anything she can think of] ).
  2. For $60 a year you are basically insuring only your bird - not someone else's expenses should you do damage to them or their property.

Reactions: JWH
  1. One of my kids was driving our car when a friend, who was riding in the back seat, tossed a water balloon out the window. That balloon hit another car, shattering the windshield. The driver sued the kid's parents - and me - and our homeowner's insurance policies paid out (OOOOOOOH how they paid out! $120K total! [the other driver sues anybody she can for anything she can think of] ).
  2. For $60 a year you are basically insuring only your bird - not someone else's expenses should you do damage to them or their property.
Exactly right

That is why I asked the question about liability coverage. I am more concerned about the liability coverage than I am the drone itself. The monetary risk of the drone itself is limited to the cost of the drone. The monetary risk of liability is unlimited, especially if there is bodily injury.

I am curious as to how others are covering themselves for liability. I am thinking of the Verifly company mentioned above. Have any of you filed a claim with them? If so, how did it go? What other options are there?

I live in Ft. Pierce, Fl and had heard that State Farm was insuring drones. I gave them a call and they new nothing about it. The lady was very nice and checked with the main office, same answer. I wonder if anybody in Florida has gotten State Farm insurance on their drone.

For everyone calling State Farm and checking on insurance, make sure you ask for a "Personal Articles Policy". They do not have a "Drone Insurance Policy". They basically consider the drone a flying camera. My agent had to check to verify the drone was covered under the policy. Look on their website under "Personal Articles Policy" to see all that you can have covered.

The policy in NC is $60 year for $3000 coverage, no deductible, covers theft, crash, fly away's. You can put many other things on the policy. I have my P4 & accessories, my Nikon DSLR & accessories, my firearms, jewelry, etc.... They will not cover your tablet you use with the drone unfortunately.

Reactions: jbolf6

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart