Got insurance for my Phantom 4

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you knowledgeable Phantom pilots I was able to insure my Phantom 4 today. My home and auto are not insured with State Farm but they will insure my Phantom, with Marco Polo transmitter for $60 a year, no deductible. Now I can sleep at night!

Thanks again!

Reactions: maxam67
Yeah, I have read on here about others that have used State Farm for this same purpose. I have all my insurance through Farm Bureau so naturally I tried them first. After some lengthy questions and such, I got mine insured but it has a $100 deductible. After my year is up, I will check with State Farm for sure. They have been trying to get my business for several years now and I just may let them. Glad you got it covered! Now, just don't use it! :)
Jim
WA5TEF.

Yeah, I have read on here about others that have used State Farm for this same purpose. I have all my insurance through Farm Bureau so naturally I tried them first. After some lengthy questions and such, I got mine insured but it has a $100 deductible. After my year is up, I will check with State Farm for sure. They have been trying to get my business for several years now and I just may let them. Glad you got it covered! Now, just don't use it! :)
Jim
WA5TEF.
That is the key, I hope I never have to use it!

I actually just purchased insurance for my P4 from State Farm today as well! Has anyone on here who has the State Farm Personal Articles Policy for their drone ever actually had to use it? And if so, was your experience positive?

Thanks to all of you knowledgeable Phantom pilots I was able to insure my Phantom 4 today. My home and auto are not insured with State Farm but they will insure my Phantom, with Marco Polo transmitter for $60 a year, no deductible. Now I can sleep at night!

Thanks again!
What state?

Every time I try to insure a UAS in LA with State Farm, they say no.

Sounds like a great idea......but what are they/you Insuring ???? Fly off, crash, stolen ??? How would you make a claim ????

Sounds like a great idea......but what are they/you Insuring ???? Fly off, crash, stolen ??? How would you make a claim ????

The policy covers your craft if it is lost, stolen, or damaged. I specifically asked my agent if a flyaway was considered to be a "lost" craft, and she ensured me that a flyaway would be covered with my policy. However, I'm not entirely sure how I would go about making a claim if I ever need to do so. I'm also unsure as to what would happen if I crash and damage my craft (who determines when it is a total loss, do I need to get a quote from a repair shop, etc.).

What state?

Every time I try to insure a UAS in LA with State Farm, they say no.

I am in Oklahoma. My agent made it sound like she ensures drones all the time. You may try calling State Farm's corporate office and see if you have better luck there.

Does that include liability coverage or just the drone itself?

60$ a year ,I'm in,,just gotta find an office that knows what their doing,,not impressed with the handling of my car and hm policy,,

17191291_10210710786520120_9223219778736196472_n.jpg They even took a photo of me with my Phantom. Mine was the first drone they have ever insured
17191291_10210710786520120_9223219778736196472_n.jpg

I've had all my equipment insured through State Farm for 3+ years now, I haven't had a claim yet (knock on wood) but they've always been good to work with.

I got a quote from Drone depot today for liability insurance, first 100K is 495.00 year, which is less than a basic minimum, I'd think 500K at least would make me more comfortable,
500k runs approx. 695/year. Haven't found any better quotes for liability, at least here in Canada.
I'm much more concerned about covering my butt against being sued for damages, than damage to my bird.
Anyone have any other insurance contacts, do share

I got a quote from Drone depot today for liability insurance, first 100K is 495.00 year, which is less than a basic minimum, I'd think 500K at least would make me more comfortable,
500k runs approx. 695/year. Haven't found any better quotes for liability, at least here in Canada.
I'm much more concerned about covering my butt against being sued for damages, than damage to my bird.
Anyone have any other insurance contacts, do share
I just use Verifly. I don't know if they have it in Canada though.

Last time I called Verify they told me "Coming to Canada in near future"
will check again soon, weather has been nice enough to fly lately, even here in blustery Newfoundland!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31