GoPro switching wifi on by itself

Reaction score
So I had an interesting experience at my parent's house. I was showing my dad the quad but began having issues I've never had before. I started up in my normal order: GoPro on, controller on, quad on, screen on. I had great signal and let the quad do its thing. After I got home lock I started it up. I raised to eye level and went to hit record. The camera showed it was recording so I went to go higher and at about 50' I lost video. I brought it back down and saw the GoPro had its blue light flashing, indicating wifi had turned on. I landed, turned wifi off, and started over. This time as I reached eye level video went black and again I saw that wifi was on. I landed again and reset everything.

This seemed to do the trick but I'm curious if anyone has experienced something similar. If I was further away I would have been forced to use HL to get myself home.

P2, H3-3D, Hero 3 Black, iosd mini, immersion 600mw, Flysight receiver. The only non-standard thing is the attachment that gets video from the GoPro pins instead of USB. But I've not had these problems before and I've had that part a while.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Take it off the bird and test by it self.

My record button went skitz and randomly flicked through the menu. Your wifi button could be doing the same.

Cover your lens, and spray some contact cleaner into the wifi button port. Push the wifi button a number of times to work the spray into the housing. Let it sit for 15 minutes and see if the problem is resolved.

Started happening again yesterday. I noticed the GoPro was so dead it wouldn't even turn on unless the P2 was on. I think it's related to the charge level of the GoPro. I charged it last night and tested and sure enough it worked fine.

I'm using the adapter that connects to the 30-pin outlet on the back of the camera instead of the USB cable.

Started happening again yesterday. I noticed the GoPro was so dead it wouldn't even turn on unless the P2 was on. I think it's related to the charge level of the GoPro. I charged it last night and tested and sure enough it worked fine.

I'm using the adapter that connects to the 30-pin outlet on the back of the camera instead of the USB cable.

Try this. With the GP turned off and mounted to the gimbal power on the P2 is the power LED on the GP lit? If not it should be and it is an indication you have a problem in either the 30 pin connector or its ribbon cable. When the camera is off but the LED is lit when power is applied to the P2 shows it is also supplying power to the camera. Running off the cameras battery alone may be what is causing the problems you are having with the wifi turning on when the battery is low. That same type of problem with a camera shutting off after a short flight and he changed the USB ribbon cable the problem was gone but in your case it's bit more complicated as no ribbon is available for the connector if in deed that is the cause.

Just tested this, and yes, the red LED on the GoPro turns on when I power up the P2 while the camera is off.

Well you might just have to send it in for service.

I'll probably pick up a H3+ Black and put that on there, and take the H3 Black off for normal use.

The hero 3(non + models) are famous for turning on the wifi with a slight bump. I'm new to this game just put mine on last night for the first time and noticed the blue light came on to easily. A lot of people opened it up and removed the button and just use the settings to turn it off and on, not a good solution but works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan