Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

GoPro on Vision App?

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-2D GoPro Gimbal' started by M1230, Mar 21, 2014.

1. M1230

I'm new to this and cannot seem to figure out if I go with the P2 and Zenmuse Gimbal for GoPro will it work with the Vision app like the P2V? In other words, will I have the FPV that you have with the app on your iPhone if I use GoPro or is this only with the P2 Vision? I mean straight from the box without a third party FPV?

2. rilot

Only for the Vision.
    There is a GoPro app to see what the GoPro sees via wifi but this is a bad idea with it operating on 2.4GHz which the same as the transmitter. It also has terrible latency so isn't really any good for FPV.

3. M1230

Great - thanks! How hard is it to retrofit the vision with FPV and the Zenmuse, GoPro, etc if I ever wanted to do that?

4. Shrimpfarmer

Its not even worth thinking about doing this retrofit. Its one or the other P2 or Vision. I have both machines, started with a Vision and switched to a P2

5. rilot

Yeah, don't bother.
    Sell the Vision and buy a P2Z. So much easier and probably cheaper to do too.

6. Bigbells

Or, sell the GoPro and upgrade the Vision with a motorized gimbal, add-on antennas, etc, like some in this Forum are doing. I don't feel comfortable enough around circuitry and soldering to do that, but it's tempting to head in that direction.