Google Maps

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advise to correct a Google map issue I have.
My P3S google map shows snow on the ground. How can I update it. All my other quads do not have this issue.
Thank you in advance.

I think that's a result of DJI changing the map database from Google to another source called Here Maps. You can read more about that HERE. This is another reason not to upgrade your app and firmware if you're happy and the craft flies safely.

If you use the search tool in this forum and search on "maps" you'll find even more info.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhatHD and JoBe
I think that's a result of DJI changing the map database from Google to another source called Here Maps. You can read more about that HERE. This is another reason not to upgrade your app and firmware if you're happy and the craft flies safely.

If you use the search tool in this forum and search on "maps" you'll find even more info.
Thanks for the info!

My P3S google map shows snow on the ground. How can I update it. All my other quads do not have this issue.
Thank you in advance.
If you want more up-to-date Google maps then you can buy an app called Litchi which still uses them. It's not too expensive and seems to work well for most people here.

It's available for both Android and iOS - but if you want both, then you need to pay twice.

Reactions: BigAl07
Thank you in advance.
The Google Map images where I live show snow on the ground because that's the last time they were updated , satellites rarely fly over head here taking pictures , we're not important enough :(

Reactions: PhatHD
The Google Map images where I live show snow on the ground because that's the last time they were updated , satellites rarely fly over head here taking pictures , we're not important enough :(
It's odd to me because my Google maps on all my cells and pc show pretty current maps with no snow.

It's odd to me because my Google maps on all my cells and pc show pretty current maps with no snow.
As kndll said, it all depends where you live - If you live in the back-of-beyond, then updates on Google Earth/maps may not be that frequent. Live in a more 'civilised' area and they may be more frequently updated.

If you have a good knowledge of your locality then you'll be well aware of minor changes (new extensions to houses, new-builds, new roads etc) and this will help you assess how up-to-date the images are. Otherwise, how can you know that the snowless images aren't from last year's summer, or even the year before that? The date given at the bottom of the images on Google isn't always an accurate guide.

Also, the global images can be a mixture of both winter and summer images merged into one - Although not applicable to drone maps, this particularly applies to images on Google Street view. Currently, one part of our village square is bathed in summer sunshine and the other half is swathed in snow.... :)

'Here maps' seem to be updated even less frequently...

I remember I showed my mum Google earth for the first ever time. First thing she said was

"It's quiet out there today. I can't see any people walking down the street"

*slaps head*

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews