Google earth pro and litchi.

Reaction score
Couldnt find an answer to this. When I import from google earth to mission hub the waypoints don't match.

Attachments

• 20210423_121456.jpg
    20210423_121456.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 145
  • 20210423_121728.jpg
    20210423_121728.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 141
The tilt, unless you are looking straight down, offsets differently between GE and Litchi. Litchi assumes that you are vertically located over the waypoint looking out at wan ever angle and tilt you have selected.

GE assumes that you are looking at that point of interest and backs the coordinates up to where you would need to be to frame that point of view as specified by those co-ordinates.

It will take a bit of thought to get your head around that. GE is a very complex program, and has multiple reference points that can be used for both position and altitude. The defaults are not necessarily the ones that you want.

The tilt, unless you are looking straight down, offsets differently between GE and Litchi. Litchi assumes that you are vertically located over the waypoint looking out at wan ever angle and tilt you have selected.

GE assumes that you are looking at that point of interest and backs the coordinates up to where you would need to be to frame that point of view as specified by those co-ordinates.

It will take a bit of thought to get your head around that. GE is a very complex program, and has multiple reference points that can be used for both position and altitude. The defaults are not necessarily the ones that you want.
Thanks

So if I want to fly directly over the creek GE won't work or am I missing something.

What is being said is that you have to create your waypoints in GE by making sure you set the camera in GE to be pointed straight down instead of off to the side.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor