Going high. Wanting to go 1500 ft up

Tony, If you are going high at or near the Skyway Bridge, don't forget all of the major airports in that area. St. Pete, Cleawater, Tampa, and Macdill.
Yes. On the skyway. Keep in mind 1500ft is not high for large planes. That's very low. But for small planes that is where they hangout hence having a spotter.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes. On the skyway. Keep in mind 1500ft is not high for large planes. That's very low. But for small planes that is where they hangout hence having a spotter.

Tony, For me, going that high would make for permanent constipation! LOL!!

Honestly I think it's too bad they limit us to 500m. But I do understand why. As people would bt floating at 5000ft.

Reactions: shorttimer
Honestly I think it's too bad they limit us to 500m. But I do understand why. As people would bt floating at 5000ft.

Tony, you're probably the only one that would be up there at 5k' LOL

What have you been up to - you getting a Pro or P4?

Tony, you're probably the only one that would be up there at 5k' LOL

What have you been up to - you getting a Pro or P4?
I got a pro from a fellow member. Waiting for it to arrive. Only 4 charges on it. Like brand new. Box and everything with it. $650. Should be in Monday. So now I have two. My standard and my pro. I will fly them together at some
Point. But now I really want to test distance over water. Also got my fpv goggles to working as well. Kinda sweet. Looking foward to trying on the pro. Hope to at least get 25k in distance over the water. Seeing how I got 7400 on my standard with stock remote. Provided the battery holds up.

I got a pro from a fellow member. Waiting for it to arrive. Only 4 charges on it. Like brand new. Box and everything with it. $650. Should be in Monday. So now I have two. My standard and my pro. I will fly them together at some
Point. But now I really want to test distance over water. Also got my fpv goggles to working as well. Kinda sweet. Looking foward to trying on the pro. Hope to at least get 25k in distance over the water. Seeing how I got 7400 on my standard with stock remote. Provided the battery holds up.

That's great Tony. You will really enjoy the Pro. I have 2 Advanced models and love them. I can't believe how far they can go. The only thing is if I really stretch it out I do get weak or lost video back to my K1 Shield. But the video that is recorded on the P3 is fine. It is amazing just how far they can go. I enjoy flying mostly around my property but had to take the trip just to see. Performed flawlessly.

That's great Tony. You will really enjoy the Pro. I have 2 Advanced models and love them. I can't believe how far they can go. The only thing is if I really stretch it out I do get weak or lost video back to my K1 Shield. But the video that is recorded on the P3 is fine. It is amazing just how far they can go. I enjoy flying mostly around my property but had to take the trip just to see. Performed flawlessly.
I'm guessing with the pro I can go completely fpv with these goggles. It has settings for them. Next to fly two birds together. I almost bought advance for 700 until I saw this deal here. I like specs of p4. But not willing to drop another 1400 right now. Another 650 however is tight. Maybe should sell standard. But I know the price is toast now.

Well, going above 400ft is not technically "illegal," but still, it isn't safe for you (legally and physically), your drone(legally and physically), and any property or people you may be flying over(again, legally and physically).
Is it illegal to go over 400 feet in the US

No. And it does not mean it is wise and safe in certain areas. Although I did it over water it's not something I will do on a regular basis. I find the best shots are low and slow.

With these kind of temptations to fly at high altitudes, it's just a matter of time before one of these drones causes a major accident. Then it will be game over, ie. even more media attention and thus more of an outcry for regulation. It's just a matter of time. It's too easy and people (by nature) just don't have enough self control. Many do, but there will always be a few that don't and those will be the ones that cause the problems. If flying high is something that the drone has the ability to do, people will do it. Period. Sad, but true. Enjoy the freedom while we have it.

It's not illegal to go above 400'; one must submit a 7711 to do so, but it is not illegal. That said, without a 7711, one falls into the category of "jackass," and if one doesn't seek a 7711 prior to doing so but knows the requiremet, they fall into the category of "******* that needs to not be allowed to fly for a long while."

No. And it does not mean it is wise and safe in certain areas. Although I did it over water it's not something I will do on a regular basis. I find the best shots are low and slow.

Tony, did you post any pictures of your flight? I would like to see what it looks like from that altitude.

Reactions: Tony Cowan
Why would a 7711-2 be required to waive something that isn't a law or even illegal, nor an event?

Scott. I got video only. By I can't seem to upload. I will give it another go when my pro arrive in Monday. Quick distance and altitude test. It's ok if they call me ahole. Would not be first time. Hehehe :)

Reactions: telescott
Scott. I got video only. By I can't seem to upload. I will give it another go when my pro arrive in Monday. Quick distance and altitude test. It's ok if they call me ahole. Would not be first time. Hehehe :)

Tony, if you use VLC to play the video you can do snapshots. The option is under the "video" heading. They will be saved and then you can edit them

No video no proofs

I flew 28metres the other day....
I might break 30 this weekend...[emoji12]

65124194.jpg

Reactions: dpicx68

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members