Goggles for phantom 4

Reaction score
My boyfriend has a phantom 4 and I bought the fat shark goggles, could anyone tell me what else I would need to get for him to use this on his phantom 4. I know I need a battery charger but I'm not sure if I need a receiver and if so what kind. And also if someone could tell me differences in the 1.3G/ 2.4G/5.8G if I need to get a receiver

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

To work with aP4 you need the fat shark goggles with an HDMI input (for example Dominator v3). He will either need to buy the DJI HDMI module for his controller, or use a tablet which has an HDMI output (like the Nvidia Shield K1).

Last edited:
Ok Thanks for the reply! I do have the Dominatir v3. He uses an Samsung tablet to view now. Do u mean he should have a different tablet for viewing and if he did have that he wouldn't need a receiver? Sorry I'm really new at this!

You don't need a receiver, as the goggles are getting their input from HDMI, not wi-fi. I don't know if the tablet he's using has HDMI out or not. If it doesn't, he'll either need the DJI HDMI module for the controller, or use a tablet that has HDMI out.

Your boyfriend should buy a DJI hdmi module and replace the current USB module on his RC. This costs $99

you get the cable as standard with the dom 3 goggles..............just get the hdmi port for your boyfriends controller.....a ten minute job to fit and plug in the dom 3s........................ brilliant sensation flying with em

He'll also need a battery charger to charge the Fat Shark battery. I use this one.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello