Go Professional Phantom 2 Vision Case Video Review

Reaction score
A member asked me to post a video review of this case to help those trying to decide which case to purchase.

I like this one very much, as it's quite sturdy, holds the Phantom Vision tightly and holds a lot of accessories.

Hope you find it useful. Never have done a review before, shot in one take, and unedited.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6Lh7IRChgI[/youtube]

wincrasher said:
A member asked me to post a video review of this case to help those trying to decide which case to purchase.

I like this one very much, as it's quite sturdy, holds the Phantom Vision tightly and holds a lot of accessories.

Hope you find it useful. Never have done a review before, shot in one take, and unedited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6Lh7IRChgI&feature=youtu.be

Wincrasher, Sir you have my eternal gratitude for taking the time to do this for me, much appreciated and a great and helpful review!!

The case does look great. Are you finding that the lid foam puts any pressure on the props when you close the case? That's the one thing I've heard several users comment on the Tradecraft case and as a result of concerns of unbalancing the props by the bending strain they are all now taking off the props before putting it in the case.

I just got my Tradecraft case yesterday. Great case for the price but I take the props off (it too easy not to). I'm thinking of trimming my top foam so I don't have to take the props off though.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

You are more than welcome.

I was also concerned that there would be pressure on the props, but it doesn't appear to be. After sitting in there awhile with the lid closed, you'd expect the props to have some bends in them, but they are not. I imagine the hubs push up the foam and give the blades some clearance.

I imagine that if the case were inverted, there would be some pressure on the prop hubs, but maybe not as it's held snug in the bottom section.

Great job on your first video. I see there is plenty extra room. Only question is if you or someone else could assist me. Will it hold fatshark equipment (goggles, antennas etc.)?

Nice Review Have the same case and love it.

Change ur smoke detector battery :D I thought it was mine for a second lol

Edit: The battery charger fits nice and snug on the lower hole by the batteries.

And once you add the lens filter mount ul have the spin the quad facing the other way so it doesn't rub against the foam.

Attachments

• IMG_4952.JPG
    IMG_4952.JPG
    344.5 KB · Views: 821
ResevorDG thanks for posting those photos.

It's interesting to read someone actually suggesting that Go Professional case might be better. The tradecraft seems very popular with Phantom fliers and it's been a struggle to find a small handful of people with the GoProfessional to post their thoughts. There has not been a single person that has possession of both and could directly compare. Virtually all the Tradecraft owners swear by their case and that was making me lean towards the Tradecraft given the limited reports on the GoPro.

I'm still debating between the two. The GoPro does have a couple of extra slots (e.g. controller batteries) but it seems a much tighter fit overall leaving little room for expandability. Price wise, both are the same to me (after shipping to Australia) so the Tradecraft loses the price difference benefit.

Everyone with the Tradecraft case says that if you want to leave props on you MUST cut the lid foam. The couple of reviews of the GoPro didn't suggest that but the props are ridiculously close to the edges of the case.

djayz said:
ResevorDG thanks for posting those photos.

It's interesting to read someone actually suggesting that Go Professional case might be better. The tradecraft seems very popular with Phantom fliers and it's been a struggle to find a small handful of people with the GoProfessional to post their thoughts. There has not been a single person that has possession of both and could directly compare. Virtually all the Tradecraft owners swear by their case and that was making me lean towards the Tradecraft given the limited reports on the GoPro.

I'm still debating between the two. The GoPro does have a couple of extra slots (e.g. controller batteries) but it seems a much tighter fit overall leaving little room for expandability. Price wise, both are the same to me (after shipping to Australia) so the Tradecraft loses the price difference benefit.

Everyone with the Tradecraft case says that if you want to leave props on you MUST cut the lid foam. The couple of reviews of the GoPro didn't suggest that but the props are ridiculously close to the edges of the case.

From what I can tell the tradecraft is a good case and if you buy it your doing well. The photos make it look like the go professional has higher quality foam and you don't need to make modifications. Modifications are easy though.
The Go professional also looks like a stronger box, though the trade craft is still very well made.
But your are right, no one has had both yet.
Seems to me that either is a good way to go.

I did some more modifying, I will try to post more photos tonight.

I have the "goprofesional" case for my PV1 and its basically the same case for the P2V with different foam cuts ,I have ordered the tradecraft for my P2V and will arrive this Friday . I will give my comparison feedback once I get it

Bravox said:
I have the "goprofesional" case for my PV1 and its basically the same case for the P2V with different foam cuts ,I have ordered the tradecraft for my P2V and will arrive this Friday . I will give my comparison feedback once I get it

Bravox that would be BRILLIANT! You will be the first person with both to comment.

You are quite correct in that the "Phantom Vision" Go Professional seems to be identical case as with the original Phantom 1 but with modified foam internally. That would explain why the case feels "tight" with the vision given the added phone holders, range extender etc.

Look forward to reading your comments!

Mav456 said:
wincrasher said:

209 dollars!!!!!! Are you CRAZY?!?!?!!?! I got my mcm electronics case for 40 bucks same size just plick n pluck foam i customized it for my needs!

That pick and pluck foam is horrible stuff. I bought and customized one of them and its cheap and nasty. The plastic casing is pretty good but the foam is massively electrostatic and falls apart within weeks.

I returned it and I'm now going to purchase one with quality custom foam.

the forty dollar case won't be available at best may 2014, I had to cancel my order with Mcm electronics because of that, I can't continue to transport my phantom around without a case. and a trade case is not a bad investment even at 200.00 worth it for me..

djayz said:
Mav456 said:
wincrasher said:

209 dollars!!!!!! Are you CRAZY?!?!?!!?! I got my mcm electronics case for 40 bucks same size just plick n pluck foam i customized it for my needs!

That pick and pluck foam is horrible stuff. I bought and customized one of them and its cheap and nasty. The plastic casing is pretty good but the foam is massively electrostatic and falls apart within weeks.

I returned it and I'm now going to purchase one with quality custom foam.

This is the exact reason I didn't even bother wasting my time with that pluck foam crap. So much frustration in the past trying to make it work for other applications.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl