Go Professional limited edition storm

Reaction score
Got my backpack for my P3, and it's awesome!!!! This pack is not heavy at all and not bulky as the other ones. There's an unbelievable amount of storage, many pockets and or MOLLE loops to put stuff on. I plan on putting a small 2L bladder in 1 of the side pouches for hiking. I'll get you guys a more detailed review when I get outdoors with it more and get a comfort feel for it. But so far I love it. And only 50 made in this color. [emoji106]

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440012282.130974.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440012294.775586.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440012303.794598.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440012312.628583.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440012321.081834.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440012335.881145.jpg

Looks cool.

What is the name and site of the place that you got it? How much was it? I got a cheap one but have been using the PRO hard case because you don't remove the props. I am thinking about getting a better back pack case with more storage fot the other things that you need when you fly.

What the difference between the black le and the regular black? Maybe I didn't look close enough.

I think the standard edition has a little less storage I may be wrong and it also doesn't come with the 5.11 weather proof backpack.

That's a nice backpack. If it would only allow storage with the props installed. Then I'd buy one. However it needs to be no bigger than 22X14X9".

DroneCrates backpack is cheaper. FYI.

I have the old P2 version of this pack - same color. I've been using it for over a year, including carrying it while cycling high in the Himalayas and on a couple dozen airline flights. It's great - no problems at all in all that time and hard use. The inner configuration of mine is a little different - this one looks better. But the outside looks the same.

Those cases / backpacks are nice but they are just cases in the end. I cant understand why those cases are so expansive. I mean for 300 dollar you can get a high end Deuter backpack or some Maxpedition backpacks. Most cases for the Phantom i know are just some cheaper no name plastic cases with the styrofoam inlets. The same count dor backpacks, i guess they use some no name stuff and put the styrofoam inlets in.

Last edited:
I already own the pack from 5.11 I contacted this company to see if they would sell just the foam insert. I told them I don need another pack, they said no. They made some excuse about quality control and warranty. I don't see what the big deal is with selling just the foam that fits that pack. If you check 5.11 rush 72 lineup they sell that pack in a few color options.

I have the old P2 version of this pack - same color. I've been using it for over a year, including carrying it while cycling high in the Himalayas and on a couple dozen airline flights. It's great - no problems at all in all that time and hard use. The inner configuration of mine is a little different - this one looks better. But the outside looks the same.
Nice backpacks for sure! I've had mine tumble 50' down a trail in Hawaii. Didn't even break my iPad luckily! I can't wait to take the P3 over there. This one is desert tan/sandstone P2V model with a P3 occupant.
image.jpg

We were at a meet last week in Ireland - a few phantoms, Inspires, F550, Yuneecs (?) etc. Some of the lads had cheapo cloth bags they bought off EBay for about £20 ($30?) which work as well as the $300 ones available. How often do you need a hard case? Most of us put the case in the back of the car, drive to a flight location, fly, then go home in the car. I've heard complaints about the quality of the bags, but mine (I have one too!) has lasted over a year and is still in good nick. Sure, if it tears, buy another one! What I like about my case, is that it has enough room for everything, including the iPad, batteries, charger, props and everything else, all in one place and it's very lightweight. I have ofter carried the unit on my back. I think the cheap ones are hard to beat!

I have the hardshell and it's very limited due to only being able to carry the phantom, controller, iPad, battery's and really nothing else. No room for other cameras, laptops, water or anything other than what need to get in the air. Very nice backpack if you like things simple without options to carry anything else. GPC limited edition is my next backpack. It's all the protection you need and has all of the benefits of a real backpack.

Reactions: Fplvert
I have the hardshell and it's very limited due to only being able to carry the phantom, controller, iPad, battery's and really nothing else. No room for other cameras, laptops, water or anything other than what need to get in the air. Very nice backpack if you like things simple without options to carry anything else. GPC limited edition is my next backpack. It's all the protection you need and has all of the benefits of a real backpack.

For a Phantom backpack, the hardshell wins hands down. If you're bringing other stuff like water, laptops, food, camping gear or whatever else you can imagine , sure bigger is better. Mind as well bring a suitcase while you're at it, lol. I personally carry everything I need to fly in my phantom backpack. Phantom, props, 4 extra props, 4 batteries total, controller, charger, neck strap, cables, and ipad. Not sure why you would want to carry anything else in a backpack for a drone.

For a Phantom backpack, the hardshell wins hands down. If you're bringing other stuff like water, laptops, food, camping gear or whatever else you can imagine , sure bigger is better. Mind as well bring a suitcase while you're at it, lol. I personally carry everything I need to fly in my phantom backpack. Phantom, props, 4 extra props, 4 batteries total, controller, charger, neck strap, cables, and ipad. Not sure why you would want to carry anything else in a backpack for a drone.
I don't carry my charger when backpacking, but I do need water. It's also nice to have room for things like my goggles, glasses, phone, sunscreen, ect. All in a carry-on approved sized pack, the GPC backpack is much more functional than the DJI one.

Reactions: FDNY_Chris

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart