Go 4 Crashing every min or two this past weekend!!

Reaction score
Visiting Utah this past week and on every flight the GO 4 app was crashing about every two min or so. So frustrating trying to fly mountains in Southern Utah! Just wanted to post that deleting the app today and reloading it cured all the problems! I'm guessing the app not jiving with an IOS update! All good now though! Could not do it out in the field in Utah. We were in the middle of nowhere! LOL No cell for two days. It was heaven!

Are you running iOS 11.1.2

Are you running iOS 11.1.2
I reloaded today msinger. And it's 11.2 now. But it was not this version this past weekend I guess. Man it was awful! I was trying to fly through Goblins Valley Park with rock pedestals everywhere and trying to fly close with a 30-35 mph wind blowing and then the app would crash! LOL

Reactions: Hook9773
Reactions: KevMo Photog
I'm saying GO 4 doesn't run well on some older iOS releases.

I'm saying GO 4 doesn't run well on some older iOS releases.
I was up to date until this past weekend I thought. But it was starting to crash about once a battery two to three weeks ago. But I thougt it was getting updated every time I charged Ipad at the house. Hmmm. Well it sure worked perfect today after I deleted the app totally and reloaded and re-logged in. Thx so much for replying on this btw. You are such an incredible help to so many on this forum! Really appreciate your help!

I was up to date until this past weekend I thought. But it was starting to crash about once a battery two to three weeks ago. But I thougt it was getting updated every time I charged Ipad at the house. Hmmm. Well it sure worked perfect today after I deleted the app totally and reloaded and re-logged in. Thx so much for replying on this btw. You are such an incredible help to so many on this forum! Really appreciate your help!
I would recommend once you have a version of GO4 that works satisfactory with your drone, don't change the app, disable auto update. Also don't update your craft firmware or RC firmware, and don't change the iPad OS. Freezing these 4 software/firmware images can prevent incompatibilities, preventing situations like you had on a big trip, in an area with no cell service. I will often fly in areas with no cell service, away from civilization, and I've never had a problem. If you don't allow any changes in your setup you won't be surprised with problems. Other pilots don't agree with me, but I've never had a problem, simply because I don't update every time something new is released. I resist the temptation to get something for free, while not knowing what lurks in the shadows.

Last edited:
I just ran into that problem out in Aruba this past weekend. On top of that I had been given that **** quiz to answer and it kept crashing on me. Luckily it happened while I was on land. Unfortunately I ended my trip with less than 5 minutes of footage. Wish I would have thought about deleting the app and re-installing it then. Smh. Oh well, you live and you learn. She's completely back to normal meow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga