iPad Pro Crashing when using DJI GO 4

Reaction score
P4P; iPad Pro; DJI GO 4

For the past year or so, my iPad Pro has worked flawlessly when using DJI GO 4 and other 3rd party apps. My iOS is current (12.1). P4P firmware is also current (refreshed to make sure). For about the last month when using DJI GO 4, the iPad mysteriously restarts when exiting the app. Anybody else having this issue? Concerned about the device shutting down during an active mission. No other iPad apps make it crash. Thanks in advance.

Can only guess that maybe another flight app (such as Litchi) may also be running in the background? I've read only one flight app should be run at any given time, though I don't know what the issues are if more than one are running. Possibly duplicate information overload for the tablet's memory? Doesn't make sense that it would reboot when exiting DJI GO 4 if that were the case, but you never know what might confuse a computer.

Also try to think back a month and see if you recall loading any new app around that time which may be causing a problem in the background. Temporarily uninstall it and see if the problem still happens.

Last edited:
P4P; iPad Pro; DJI GO 4

For the past year or so, my iPad Pro has worked flawlessly when using DJI GO 4 and other 3rd party apps. My iOS is current (12.1). P4P firmware is also current (refreshed to make sure). For about the last month when using DJI GO 4, the iPad mysteriously restarts when exiting the app. Anybody else having this issue? Concerned about the device shutting down during an active mission. No other iPad apps make it crash. Thanks in advance.

What do you mean by "when exiting the app"? Pressing the home button? If so then I would delete and reinstall the app.

My iPad Pro started doing that after the 12.1 update as well but I want to think that mine also does it at other times (can't remember for sure right now because been some weeks since I used the iPad)...
I have learned to HATE doing updates to "anything that's working fine" (especially DJI unless I'm FORCED to, or at least until I see people aren't having issues) and just for that reason alone I actually waited several weeks before doing the IOS 12.1 update...
Going to try some things on iPad and report back...

My iPad Pro started doing that after the 12.1 update as well but I want to think that mine also does it at other times (can't remember for sure right now because been some weeks since I used the iPad)...
I have learned to HATE doing updates to "anything that's working fine" (especially DJI unless I'm FORCED to, or at least until I see people aren't having issues) and just for that reason alone I actually waited several weeks before doing the IOS 12.1 update...
Going to try some things on iPad and report back...
I’d really be interested in what you find.
My last update was in September and since weather is crappy in Chicago, haven’t flown at all in last 5-6 weeks. I use the 2018 iPad 9.7”

Sorry my 1st update isn't helpful but I flew last night (during sunset) and my iPad didn't do the restart deal this time (read on to "Also adding")...
Adding that I almost always (I forget sometimes) cleared the RAM before I use the iPad for flying (push/hold power button until the Turn Off slide appears, then hold Home button until Home Screen comes back on)...
Also adding that I didn't close GO last night because I was talking to someone that was Very Interested with my drone/flying (it was very windy and he was amazed how steady the P4P and video was on iPad was), so I swiped GO off the screen this morning and the "Apple" didn't appear this time when I did that...

I will update here if/when the Apple appears again (and exactly what I was doing) but for now here's a picture of last night's sunset from 300Ft above Jupiter Inlet, FL (not the greatest but this was very low light condition)...
Jup-Jetty-Sunset-16by9-1080.png

P4P; iPad Pro; DJI GO 4

Legacy app. Legacy iOS. Legacy Firmware. The bird, the software and the iPad are solid as a rock on all 3 of my birds. I will never let any of it update ever. I highly recommend you do the same.

D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl