Gl300c controller

Came here looking to compare my GL300C range to others and am shocked by what I am seeing. I may out at only 2600ft range in either rural or urban settings. I contacted DJI and they insist it is a software limitation imposed by the FAA and that I have to apply for a commercial license and have the FAA contact DJI to remove that from my unit. That is obviously a bunch of malarkey seeing what you all are achieving. Not to mention, I don;t get a regulation or restriction warning on my device, rather I just lose signal and the unit returns to home.

Does anyone have any suggestions what is going on here with my unit and how to get through the DJI red tape to start enjoying the full capabilities of my DJI 3 Advanced?

Came here looking to compare my GL300C range to others and am shocked by what I am seeing. I may out at only 2600ft range in either rural or urban settings. I contacted DJI and they insist it is a software limitation imposed by the FAA and that I have to apply for a commercial license and have the FAA contact DJI to remove that from my unit. That is obviously a bunch of malarkey seeing what you all are achieving. Not to mention, I don;t get a regulation or restriction warning on my device, rather I just lose signal and the unit returns to home.

Does anyone have any suggestions what is going on here with my unit and how to get through the DJI red tape to start enjoying the full capabilities of my DJI 3 Advanced?
One very common issue that significantly impacts range is incorrectly positioning your antennas. How have you been orienting yours?

Summary is that they should be pointed up and roughly parallel to the legs on the bird's landing gear as much as possible. The legs contain the bird's antennas. Do not point the RC antenna straight out unless the bird is directly overhead which by the way is not a good place for it to be.

Just in case you weren't aware, check out this video for more tips pertaining to antenna orientation and it's impact to range.
If you were aware, this post may help someone else down the road.

Cheers!

One very common issue that significantly impacts range is incorrectly positioning your antennas. How have you been orienting yours?

Summary is that they should be pointed up and roughly parallel to the legs on the bird's landing gear as much as possible. The legs contain the bird's antennas. Do not point the RC antenna straight out unless the bird is directly overhead which by the way is not a good place for it to be.

Just in case you weren't aware, check out this video for more tips pertaining to antenna orientation and it's impact to range.
If you were aware, this post may help someone else down the road.

Cheers!

Thanks Oso. The video was helpful and I will be mindful of my antenna positioning on my next flight to see if that makes a difference. I am raveling to the beach this weekend so if I cannot squeak out more than 2600ft over water with no obstructions, minimal RF interference and proper antenna alignment, then I must have something wrong with the unit. I also bought a couple windsurfers to see if that helps.

Incidentally I did verify that the distance restrictions were turned off in the DJI GO app so the DJI CS Rep is completely full of crap.

Thanks Oso. The video was helpful and I will be mindful of my antenna positioning on my next flight to see if that makes a difference. I am raveling to the beach this weekend so if I cannot squeak out more than 2600ft over water with no obstructions, minimal RF interference and proper antenna alignment, then I must have something wrong with the unit. I also bought a couple windsurfers to see if that helps.

Incidentally I did verify that the distance restrictions were turned off in the DJI GO app so the DJI CS Rep is completely full of crap.

I have the same drone as you and have made it out 11,500ft over water. Still strong signal and could have went further but the lady on my iPad advised me to RTH...lol. In my neighborhood though I'm lucky to hit 4,000ft. Most of the time it's between 3,000-4,000ft. Wifi neighborhoods are a *****...

Reactions: chipwich74

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94