Gl300A vs GL300B

Reaction score
Can someone clarify if a 300A has a range advantage over a 300B? And does it it depend what Model Phantom you have? I have searched through the forum and have not found a solid answer.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't have an answer for those particular model RCs, however I will mention I had two different model P3 Pros (stock) and did back-to-back distance flights this month using a GL300B controller with a W323 (older) Phantom and a GL300C controller with the newer W323B Phantom. Both were running P3 firmware v1.8 and RC firmware v1.6 at the time, (and DJI GO 2.8.1). Both flight distances maxed out at about the same for this location, 1.5 miles. I expected to see some difference, but saw little change in range performance. I was generally pleased.

That helps I need to replace my controller so I'm just doing some research

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

300a has the divinci processor onboard where b has no onboard processor but usb3 to compensate so if you have a good tablet it is as good if not better. 300c is said to have less transmit power but if you arent into long distance flying it probably won't affect you.

Reactions: sonof40
I can answer your question speaking from experience!
My USB port stopped working on my 300A. I was given a 300B as a replacement.
With the 300A on my P3P I was able to get about 10,500 feet range. I was very happy with that.
Range with the 300B? 14,000 feet and maybe more!!!
Both standard no windsurfers or anything.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl