Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Gimble Tilt??????

Discussion in 'Phantom 4 Discussion' started by KevMo Photog, May 7, 2016.

1. KevMo Photog

I have been having pretty good luck with gimble tilt lately. It does tend to change and do it some randomly though it seems. But my question is.... how is the initial gimble straightening at boot up done? In other words, does bird need to perfectly level at boot up just before lift off? Sorry for another stupid gimble issue question! But any crookedness in the horizon just drives me crazy!!!! LOL

#1 KevMo Photog, May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
  2. normr

The other day I experienced a scary issue during my flight, after doing my pre-flight checks and doing a compass calibration, I launched my P4 and hovered after takeoff for about a minute, everything looked good, no warnings so I gained altitude and headed off towards the south, about 3 minutes into my flight, all of a sudden my video appeared tilted about 45 degrees and would shake, it scared the hell out of me, I didn't understand what was happening, I still had visual on it cause at first I thought I got attacked by some birds in the area, or maybe I was having a prop failure and it was struggling to stay level, so I brought it straight home and landed it.

I could see immediately that the gimble was tilted for some reason, so I powered it down and reported and the gimble went back to normal, but I went ahead and calibrated the gimble and it appears ok.

It was just a sudden eye opener, I guess a gimble calibration may now become a part of a pre flight check, any comments?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

3. eterna22

I had the same problem with my p4 yesterday. It only happens when I full forward in sports mode and turning it agressively. The whole gimble becomes limp !

Had to restart to reset it back

Sent from my Nexus 6P using PhantomPilots mobile app

4. JWH

JWH

I think it is software and not hardware related. It happened to me once. I rebooted and everything was fine. It hasn't happened since, so I haven't established a pattern to figure out the cause.