Gimble Motor Overheating

Reaction score
I've had this problem out of the box. I've tried everything. I'm at a loss for what to do. The gimble gets so hot that a tap hurts my finger. I also have no leads on how to fix this. Any help?

If this just happening with your Phantom sitting there turned on, then you may not have a problem at all, as they do get hot without airflow. It is recommended that a fan be aimed at the gimbal if it is on without flying.

Is this just happening with your Phantom sitting there turned on and not flying? Or are you noticing it right after a flight?
If it's the prior, then you may not have a problem at all, as they do get hot without airflow. It is recommended that a fan be aimed at the gimbal if it is on without flying for a while.
Prior. I turn on the gimbal and it overheats

The gimble moves around like crazy (might be misaligned) and overheats when its just sitting on my desk.

I notice mine is hot when just sitting there using simulator. But when I took outside to fly, it didn't get hot at all. Fly it and see.

From your post #7 it sounds like you are saying that the gimbal &/or camera don't stop moving around.
Upon startup, the gimbal goes through a startup "dance" but that only lasts a couple seconds.
If yours continues to move after that it sounds like you have a defective unit to me.

Just call the 1 800 customer support number for Amazon and they will walk you through the return process

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl