Gimbal starts to Auto fix Horizon when powered up...

Reaction score
This is the 2nd time this thing happens so i want your opinions.As i put the 2nd battery the gimbal does this...any thoughts?

Magnitude of things.
Need more info please.

Afew things to consider. ..

Have you done a gimbal recalibration?

Compass could be spazzing out. There could geomagnetic interference in the ground.
Check your compass sensor mod values.

Bad imu or imu done when warm or on a surface that isnt flat. How long does it take for your craft to warm up?

That was my 50th flight so i have done gimbal recalibration several times due to tilt horizon deffect.
I had a compass error when i powered up but it went off when i manual moved the P3 from one place(concrete) to another 3 meters away(sand).

I am waiting my bird to arrive tomorrow from Germany(replacement of body due to cracks defect too :( ) so i will update for further errors.

Warming up about 90".That was after my last gimbal recalibration...At first it was no "warming up" or less than 5"

That was my 50th flight so i have done gimbal recalibration several times due to tilt horizon deffect.
I had a compass error when i powered up but it went off when i manual moved the P3 from one place(concrete) to another 3 meters away(sand).

I am waiting my bird to arrive tomorrow from Germany(replacement of body due to cracks defect too :( ) so i will update for further errors.

Warming up about 90".That was after my last gimbal recalibration...At first it was no "warming up" or less than 5"

A few things to consider..
Don't ever take off from concrete. There is metal Rebar in the ground. When you moved from concrete to sand, it probably tried to readjust for the crazy compass values.
The compass talks to the gimbal. If you remove the compass, and power up the phantom, the gimbal behaves like the video you posted.

Also, 90" seconds is rather long for warm up times. Long warm up times means you have done an IMU calibration when the phantom is warm. Do an IMU calibration when the phantom has NOT been flown for an hour or so. Do it early in the morning and out of the sun to keep the temps down. Try to do the IMU immediately the moment you turn on your phantom. If you leave it idling too long, the internal temps will cause the sensors to go whack and hence an inaccurate calibration. And try to find a surface levelled with the horizon so you don't get wide drift yaws. Use a spirit/bubble level. And don't put phantom in fridge like some have suggested.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT