Gimbal not responding but camera is!?!?

Reaction score
I am new to all of this. I just got the Phantom 3 standard and of course on flight #2 I hit a branch and crashed it. It broke the roll arm. I have since replaced both the yaw arm, the roll arm and the ribbon cable. With the help of several You Tube videos. It all went back together fine. The gimbal/gyroscope is totally none responsive however. I have double checked all the connections. I have camera signal, I can take video or pictures but have no control over it. the gimbal itself just sits limp.

An error in the app says
"Gimbal Gyroscope Error"
Hardware Malfunction. Contact customer service for repairs."

Did I fry the motors for the gimbal? Could it be a cheap ribbon cable causing the problem? The kit I bought off amazon was $35.
Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
Im not experienced here, but there have been some posts that claim the cheaper ebay ribbons dont always work. Try the genuine ribbon.

Gonna try a roll motor board first. It got dinged pretty good and dented by the insertion of ribbon cable. In fact it was angled a bit and I kind of pushed down on it. Looks square now but who knows if it works. Video and camera work well no gimbal power.

You need to pull it fully apart to see what's going on. I crashed my drone really bad. Ended up replacing camera/gimble assembly completely and as I was trying to fit new antenna wires, found broken ribbon plug on control board as well. Had to replace central control board as well as camera. Not cheap fix, but now hopefully will be airborne tomorrow. You need to investigate further as there is obviously some problem. Work out whether it's a broken wire or cable, or firmware issue. Then go from there.

Here is the dinged board. You can how bad it was smashed up.

Attachments

• 1ED9DACA-D05A-4991-8D37-88CC341AB8EB.jpeg
    1ED9DACA-D05A-4991-8D37-88CC341AB8EB.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 993
  • 87506B34-4E39-47DF-A188-46CA574BBBCB.jpeg
    87506B34-4E39-47DF-A188-46CA574BBBCB.jpeg
    911.1 KB · Views: 665

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads