Gimbal lags when yawing/panning

Reaction score
Hey guys

Just received my replacement P3S today - the first one went back to the vendor.

I haven't flown it yet, need to register it and update firmware tonight, but I just powered it on to make sure all was OK. But I noticed that when turning the aircraft from side to side, the gimbal is quite slow to catch up. When pitching or rolling it, the camera remains facing forward, but not when yawing it.

Check from about 10 seconds into the YouTube clip to see what I mean. I just wanted to make sure this is normal, as can't remember what it was like on the one I sent back (only flew it once before returning it). If they're all like that then I'll stop worrying :)

thanks

The phantom gimbal doesn't move that much for yaw. Just enough to smooth out tiny variations due to wind etc. So yes. That is normal

Reactions: GodFear17
I found a couple of YouTube clips of people doing the same thing and their gimbals seemed to behave the same way.

Good to hear it from someone on here too though. Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There are settings to change that behavior to make it quicker or smoother, you do notice this "lag" (which it isn't, just makes better videos) when flying FPV, and you'll get used to it, but if you change the settings so it's less, your videos will also have the "chop" when you yaw, if you plan to cut your "yaw" out in post-production, then your fine. I've thought about trying this myself.

There are settings to change that behavior to make it quicker or smoother, you do notice this "lag" (which it isn't, just makes better videos) when flying FPV, and you'll get used to it, but if you change the settings so it's less, your videos will also have the "chop" when you yaw, if you plan to cut your "yaw" out in post-production, then your fine. I've thought about trying this myself.

Yeah I suppose the default setting makes sense really, to smooth out those turns. Looking forward to first flight today anyway, blue skies here and not too much wind. Hope I don't get the crappy range problems that some have had.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl