Gimbal Issue

Reaction score
I've updated to the newest firmware, both aircraft and controller, and have been flying it the last couple of days just fine. This evening when I took it out, the gimbal is making a small jerking movement counterclockwise as you are looking at the display, then back. It wasn't doing it at all in the previous flights, I tried calibrating the gimbal, but hasn't helped, please help me troubleshoot this, as it is, the video is completely useless. Thanks!

I've updated to the newest firmware, both aircraft and controller, and have been flying it the last couple of days just fine. This evening when I took it out, the gimbal is making a small jerking movement counterclockwise as you are looking at the display, then back. It wasn't doing it at all in the previous flights, I tried calibrating the gimbal, but hasn't helped, please help me troubleshoot this, as it is, the video is completely useless. Thanks!
check the set screw on the gimbal mounting to the base of the gimbal mount. There are postings on the forum regarding this screw coming loose.
http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...ed-clicking-noise-and-more.49173/#post-462410

Here is a link to a video of the gimbal issue:
Looks like it is receiving a regular signal causing this twitch.

1. Do an IMU calibration and then a 2. gimbal calibration and see if the helps.

Reactions: Dannynkc
Looks like it is receiving a regular signal causing this twitch.

1. Do an IMU calibration and then a 2. gimbal calibration and see if the helps.

Had absolutely no issues before the upgrade! Over 70 flights, no issues, flew as advertised...might consider going back to previous....I hate Fing with updates!

I will try that in the morning, but why would it change from from yesterday?
I don't have the why's but maybe a possible solution-- I was having some gimbal issues on mine and after I recalibrated it and the gimbal-- two separate processes-- they went away.

I don't have the why's but maybe a possible solution-- I was having some gimbal issues on mine and after I recalibrated it and the gimbal-- two separate processes-- they went away.
Yes, I will try it..again, it's a real pain to get it cool enough this time of year for the IMU, so I don't get long warm ups, looks like the low temp. tonight is 78 where I'm at

Yes, I will try it..again, it's a real pain to get it cool enough this time of year for the IMU, so I don't get long warm ups, looks like the low temp. tonight is 78 where I'm at
I did mine inside with the ac running at about 69 degrees-- worked with no issues.

I've updated to the newest firmware, both aircraft and controller, and have been flying it the last couple of days just fine. This evening when I took it out, the gimbal is making a small jerking movement counterclockwise as you are looking at the display, then back. It wasn't doing it at all in the previous flights, I tried calibrating the gimbal, but hasn't helped, please help me troubleshoot this, as it is, the video is completely useless. Thanks![/QUOTE

Danny, I have the exact same problem. I have tried to solve this problem for 2 days since the firmware upgrade. My next call is to DJI service. I too, never had this problem before.

UPDATE: I calibrated the IMU, and the gimbal this morning, took it out for a test flight, and it all worked as it should. I am still not understanding why the problem occurred, and makes me a little concerned that it might happen again when I need it the most. We shall see. gotta love modern technology. anthgarc, you might try it again and see if it corrects your issues, good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl