Gimbal error after crash

Reaction score
During a descent, i rotated the drone 360. Suddenly it started to wobble, it did not react to a ascent, and the following crash was inevitable.

The Camera took a blow. Now. When i power on the drone, the gimbal goes haywire. Rotates frenetically in every axis and seems to be suicidal. Dji suggested a firmware update might do the trick. I had my doubts but did it nonetheless. Ofc. it had as much effect as a prayer would have.

Now. The camera works fine but the gimbal seems to be sick. Are there any tricks or should i just order a new one.. ?

In advance, thanks for all help.

*desperate*

Try an advance IMU calibration, otherwise=screwed.

You can get of that "inevitable" crash... simply move the right control stick in any direction... this will take you out of your rotor wash and prevent a crash. Adding power just makes it worse. You encountered a "vortex ring state". Deadly to rotorcraft.

DrJoe said:

You can get of that "inevitable" crash... simply move the right control stick in any direction... this will take you out of your rotor wash and prevent a crash. Adding power just makes it worse. You encountered a "vortex ring state". Deadly to rotorcraft.
Can someone confirm?

Thanks DrJoe, i`ll try that next time. I got me a smaller drone to practice with. And I have been able to recreate the scenario, excluding "bugs" and finding that the error is indeed me. With some practice on this cheaper variant, I will hopefully make the correct maneuver into a reflection.

Never got so far as to try an advancde IMU calibration. Bought a new gimbal and replaced it today. Works as it should, only to pair it up with the range extender. But I will switch back one day and see if an advanced IMU calibration can transform the damaged gimbal into spare parts.

DrJoe said:

Not saying this method won't work, but if in Naza mode, just be cautious to not hit any of the 4 possible CSC combinations when trying different things with the sticks to get out of vortex ring state

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga