Gimbal error after crash

Reaction score
During a descent, i rotated the drone 360. Suddenly it started to wobble, it did not react to a ascent, and the following crash was inevitable.

The Camera took a blow. Now. When i power on the drone, the gimbal goes haywire. Rotates frenetically in every axis and seems to be suicidal. Dji suggested a firmware update might do the trick. I had my doubts but did it nonetheless. Ofc. it had as much effect as a prayer would have.

Now. The camera works fine but the gimbal seems to be sick. Are there any tricks or should i just order a new one.. ?

In advance, thanks for all help.

*desperate*

Try an advance IMU calibration, otherwise=screwed.

You can get of that "inevitable" crash... simply move the right control stick in any direction... this will take you out of your rotor wash and prevent a crash. Adding power just makes it worse. You encountered a "vortex ring state". Deadly to rotorcraft.

DrJoe said:

You can get of that "inevitable" crash... simply move the right control stick in any direction... this will take you out of your rotor wash and prevent a crash. Adding power just makes it worse. You encountered a "vortex ring state". Deadly to rotorcraft.
Can someone confirm?

Thanks DrJoe, i`ll try that next time. I got me a smaller drone to practice with. And I have been able to recreate the scenario, excluding "bugs" and finding that the error is indeed me. With some practice on this cheaper variant, I will hopefully make the correct maneuver into a reflection.

Never got so far as to try an advancde IMU calibration. Bought a new gimbal and replaced it today. Works as it should, only to pair it up with the range extender. But I will switch back one day and see if an advanced IMU calibration can transform the damaged gimbal into spare parts.

DrJoe said:

Not saying this method won't work, but if in Naza mode, just be cautious to not hit any of the 4 possible CSC combinations when trying different things with the sticks to get out of vortex ring state

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl