Gimbal Crazy

Reaction score
All the gimbal craziness seems illogical, childish and a simple bad investment.

My next path will be to invest the $400/$600 gimbal money in a bigger copter to get eXtended flight times (dual batteries), larger payload and possibly a camera with zoom capabilities.

I thoroughly enjoy my P2V and have done all the normal upgrades. (7th channel, lens filter kit, antenna mods, controller stickers, sweet case etc..

Investing a quarter of your initial $1200 into one upgrade seems a waste for what you're getting. $100 would seems fair.

I'm sure I will continue this hobby for years to come but for my money the $400/$600 gimbal money will go to help finance another copter.

The vision is great but taking 5 minutes away from flight time seems to be a backwards upgrade!

I understand to each his own and the gimbals all look great.

My vision flys great for 20 minutes, takes eXcellent video's and stills.

For under $1600 you can get Flamewheel F550 2x5500mAh batteries, Walkera 10 channel radio, charger plus Gopro 3+black.

or get the RTF Flamewheel F550 for $1099 add a gopro for $400 and there ya go. (10 minute flight time) dual batteries for more flight time

Is my logic flawed?

let the flaming begin..

No flame here. One of the reasons I like the Rotorpixel option is it's transferable to another platform, with a GoPro adapter available (and third axis upgrade). Means you can return the Vision to stock, sell on or keep, and use the gimbal on Flamewheel or other platform.

But I get what you're saying completely. :)

Pull_Up said:
No flame here. One of the reasons I like the Rotorpixel option is it's transferable to another platform, with a GoPro adapter available (and third axis upgrade). Means you can return the Vision to stock, sell on or keep, and use the gimbal on Flamewheel or other platform.

But I get what you're saying completely. :)
great point. I did not realize it was multi platform. that is a huge plus.

you know what i like from P2V rather than F550,
1.i can put it inside my backpack and travel with it without excess baggage and i can put it in a flight cabin...
2.i can make it fly under 2 minute when i take it out of my backpack,
3.so as a traveller its is worth of investment in gimbal with p2v because i can bring it anywhere i dont need adition monitor to FPV just use my phone ; meaning less weight more walk

and yes before p2v i have f550 and tarot 690s and i can only bring it in limited place because i need my car to travel around with it. and flight time variated between 9-11mnt with 1x5500 3s battery, more flight time = more battery= more weight

So price to build F550 from scratch $1600
And total price p2v wih gimbal $1600

i choose P2V everytime, but now im considering change to P2 Zenmuse

Seandyt said:
but now im considering change to P2 Zenmuse
I like your idea as well.
Ive seen this combo (DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter UAV RC Drone and H3-2D Zenmuse)
$869 then add the $400 3+ gopro and you have a great compact setup with great flight time.

Skipholiday said:
Seandyt said:
$869 then add the $400 3+ gopro and you have a great compact setup with great flight time.

With no FPV... :( :( :(

gunslinger said:
Skipholiday said:
Seandyt said:

With no FPV... :( :( :(
what would be a viable option for FPV with good video/photo options?
Fatshark is cool, but then you would also need and eXtra camera for recording correct?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl