Gimbal Click

Reaction score
Howdy all-
Just upgraded from the P3 Pro to the P4 Pro after reading and seeing all the hype. I will say the frame feels solid compared to the P3 Pro. Fit and finish look better as well, however out of the box I noticed a slight clicking sound when the camera would pitch a little past straight down on startup. After Googling the problem I found others out there with the same issue. One fix/band-aide I watched on YT was to remove the ribbon cable pitch cover. I was looking for another option as I haven't even flown this yet.

What I did was push the excessive ribbon cable gently down so it almost forms a "drip loop". The ribbon cable excess will hang slightly down on the outside of the pitch axis ribbon cover. This is another band-aide, but now my camera moves freely over the entire pitch axis with no clicking or additional resistance. Best part I didn't have to remove anything. The excessive amount of ribbon cable truly could be wound one more time around the pitch axis point, but I'll save that for a rainy day.

Really should have titled this Camera Clicking on the Pitch Axis..

FullSizeRender (2).jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

DJI has notoriously designed the cables with VERY little clearance around the camera and gimbal. Your fix is most likely a real fix, and not a band-aid after all. Probably the result of a careless installer not getting the cable glued down just right. This of course, is only my opinion.

Also, that "loop" of ribbon is necessary to allow for the full upward pitch of the camera. If you were to pitch up all the way to it's limit, the ribbon would be pulled inside.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl