Gimbal Centering option in Apple version of DJI go 4 app

Reaction score
Hello all, new to forum and the P4P.
I just purchased an IPhone 7 and loaded the DJI Go 4 version for it. I opened the app and noticed it had a Gimbal Centering option in the Gimbal menu, this was not in my Android app. After I connected my RC to my IPhone and powered everything up the centering option goes away in the menu, leaving just adjust pitch and auto calibrate gimbal. How do I get back to the centering option. I actually deleted the app and reinstalled it and the same thing happened the second time, also my firmware on the P4P is updated to the latest version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Awesome, 52 views and not one reply. Great forum if you don't expect any help.

Good job Forum
Actually, this forum is better than most at responding with solid information. Maybe the people that have read your question so far don't have a definitive answer and so chose not to respond with guesses or mis-information? Trying to guilt us into answering is not productive and really doesn't belong here. Have a great weekend!

This is a great forum and I take exception to your sarcastic comment... as JarrodF said "Maybe the people that have read your question so far don't have a definitive answer and so chose not to respond with guesses or mis-information?" unlike other boards that chime in with all kinds of inane suggestions from people who obviously don't even own a Phantom. So chill brother, light up some pakalolo and go fly. Aloha.

Hello all, new to forum and the P4P.
I just purchased an IPhone 7 and loaded the DJI Go 4 version for it. I opened the app and noticed it had a Gimbal Centering option in the Gimbal menu, this was not in my Android app. After I connected my RC to my IPhone and powered everything up the centering option goes away in the menu, leaving just adjust pitch and auto calibrate gimbal. How do I get back to the centering option. I actually deleted the app and reinstalled it and the same thing happened the second time, also my firmware on the P4P is updated to the latest version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Despite my better judgment I thought I would reply to show the forum works. About to start a distance flight and went into my settings and sure enough the GC option was there. I've never used it before as I don't have gimbal issues. The camera moved around and dropped to the centre in the down position and I thought may as well do a calibration as well. No problems. Not sure if you were having alignment issues with the gimbal to ask the question in the first place place, but yes it is a valid question. It's about the language, same applies to the other forums I belong to.

I swear this option has been there before for me and has since disappeared. Just checked with a iPhone 7 plus and it wasn't there for me (latest ios/dji go4) both disconnected and connected to aircraft

Despite my better judgment I thought I would reply to show the forum works. About to start a distance flight and went into my settings and sure enough the GC option was there. I've never used it before as I don't have gimbal issues. The camera moved around and dropped to the centre in the down position and I thought may as well do a calibration as well. No problems. Not sure if you were having alignment issues with the gimbal to ask the question in the first place place, but yes it is a valid question. It's about the language, same applies to the other forums I belong to.

Tevek - Thanks for the response.
My gimbal is slightly off center to the right looking at the front of the drone when on and sitting idol. It's not real noticeable during the day, but at night it's just enough to pickup the glow of the arm light. That's what generated the question. I've done the IMU, gimbal and compass re-calibrations and all that went good. I just thought it was odd that a menu option would disappear after connecting to the RC. Maybe someone knows the fix, if there is one.
Thanks again.

I swear this option has been there before for me and has since disappeared. Just checked with a iPhone 7 plus and it wasn't there for me (latest ios/dji go4) both disconnected and connected to aircraft

AIRSPACE - Thanks for responding. The option was there for me when I first installed the app on my phone and until I connected my phone to the RC, then it wasn't. It seems very odd to me that the option goes away after connecting to the RC. ???

I can not find this setting for the life of me. Am I understanding this right? There is a setting that is only temporarily there that will allow you to adjust the alignment of your camera? I have returned two P4Ps due to the cameras being out of alignment. It would be absolutely great if there was a setting that allowed me to correct this.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Dunning
I was using an android device and I never saw the centering option. I saw it online a couple of times with people using apple products.
After switching to an iphone I loaded the DJI Go 4 app and went to the gimbal menu. There it was Gimbal Centering, Gimbal Pitch and Auto Calibrate Gimbal. I thought cool this may fix my off center camera issue. As stated above I connected my phone to the RC, opened the app, turned on RC then drone. After everything initialized, I went to the gimbal menu and NO gimbal centering option. I deleted the app and re-installed it and the same excact thing happened.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled. I see it now. I can't understand why this would be removed when you connect your drone.
fa670d770ce179450956957fdf546d18.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

AIRSPACE - Thanks for responding. The option was there for me when I first installed the app on my phone and until I connected my phone to the RC, then it wasn't. It seems very odd to me that the option goes away after connecting to the RC. ???
Yeah it is weird. Apparently (I have never seen it) there is also option for focusing the camera that only appears on the FIRST boot up.. IMO entering camera is a feature they are looking to add and maybe currently its buggy/not fully coded. I had a period last year with my phantom 4 while using Litchi the shortcut to adjust gimbal horizon would actually move my camera left and right.. I actually think my camera at the moment is slightly off centre and I would love to be able to re-centre it via software

Reactions: wipple370
I saw you on the other forum, I tried the turn the gimbal trick and it seems to have fixed my off-center issue. Tomorrow I'm going to try and contact DJI and the place were I bought my drone about the menu issue. If I get an answer I'll post it.

Last edited:
I saw you on the other forum, I tried the turn the gimbal trick and it seems to have fixed my off-center issue. Tomorrow I'm going to try and contact DJI and the place were I bought my drone about the menu issue. If I get an answer I'll post it.
Hmm can you elaborate on the turn the gimbal trick?

With the drone off, gently turn the top section of the gimbal (left and right turning) opposite the direction the camera is off center fully until it stops.
I did it and it worked but I am not suggesting anyone do it. Hope this helps.

Reactions: AIRSPACE

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing