Getting rid of Error 27- Compass Calibration Error on Phanto

Reaction score
Hi,

I was hoping someone may be able to shed some light on how to get rid of compass calibration error 27."GPS not calibrated or magnetic interference. Please calibrate GPS again in good condition."

Into about my 8th flight I was calibrating the phantom 2 like I normally do before flight when LEDs starting rapidly flashing red and yellow. I hooked the Phantom up to the flight assistant software to view compass readings and noticed the compass mod value was around 31720..from what I have read this should be less than 2500 .

A couple videos I saw mention taking magnets to degauss the compass. I did this at least 20 times and mod values have not changed on the compass. I had 2 backup compasses I ordered as spare parts and put a new compass on the phantom hoping this would fix the issue but mod value is still 31720.

My firmware is up to date version 1.05.

Has anyone experienced this or similar error 27 problems on phantom 2 and if so what did you did to fix the problem.

Any thoughts or suggestions be most appreciated.

Bill B.
Providence RI

Re: Getting rid of Error 27- Compass Calibration Error on Ph

Have you done the "calibration dance" recently? I think that's the first thing to try!

Yes.that was first thing I did. Always try calibrating phantom first thing after turning it in. I tried calibrating and degaussing with the magnets at least 20 different times nothing seems to be making a difference. Trying to figure out if there is anything else I may be missing?

Sounds like it may not be reading the compass input at all, especially if they're always at a static value. Possibly a bad wire or connection from the compass to the GPS board.

The compass values do change so I know compass it plugged in it is just the mod values start at around 31720 and go up from there depending on position of the phantom. Just trying to find a way to bring the mod values down to an acceptable level so can calibrate the compass.

Thanks everyone for suggestions, appreciate them. I tried for 3 days now and have not gotten past this error. Packing the Phantom up and exchanging for new one. Hopefully will not get this error again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl