Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Galaxy Tab S 10.5

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by chessman, Jan 23, 2016.

1. chessman

Hi all, does anyone have any tips to get the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 tablet to fit the RC cradle?
    Someone mentioned by removing the bottom padding it just fits but I have offered this up this morning and can see that even if I remove the pads from both bottom and top of the grip this will likely not fit.
    The sponge pads will give me 2mm each at best so that's 4mm. The tab looks to be 5-6mm taller than the opening so I don't want to go spoiling the cradle only to have this not be enough....
    Has anyone managed to fit this screen into/onto the RC unit bt any (safe) means?
    Pics attached

Cheers

Attached Files:

#1 chessman, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  2. chessman

Ok I've managed to hash up a get-by with the use of a couple of well placed tight rubber bands.... although it's all looking decidedly 'national health specs' lol.
    It'll do me for this morning.
    Any fixed suggestions including modifying the cradle would be welcomed. I'm off flying :)

Attached Files:

3. Wibble

It is a great tablet - metal bracket as used on Inspire would help a lot.

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

You could increase the height of the mount with an extender -- like this one.

5. chessman

I finally got a 3D printed extension bracket off of eBay in order to safely attach my Samsung Tab 10.5 to the RC unit as the elastic bands were looking pretty amateurish if I'm honest, lol.
    Over all happy with the bracket. Well finished albeit lacking a rubber/grippy strip to add a non-slip element, but I can improvise.

A little quiz...
    The bracket was listed as coming with a "free gift for using with the P3 controller". I was itching to see what this was and now I have it, and don't know what the hell it's for, lol.
    It's around 30mm across and 3D printed. I have twisted and turned it every which way but still cannot fathom it's use. I do love a quiz, but it's now getting silly.
    Any ideas?
    Answers on a postcard please...

Attached Files:

6. msinger

Approved Vendor

It's meant to hook onto the base of the tablet holder to make it more steady.

7. chessman

Like this? It fits like a glove here but does nothing.

Attached Files:

8. msinger

Approved Vendor

9. chessman

Ok I get it.
    It goes on quite tight but is not fixed to the body of the controller so would need some double sided sticky pads to prevent it from riding up.
    I have a new aluminium bracket on its way as I type so I'm not going to bother with this freebie but I'm glad I got to the bottom of it.
    Thanks msinger

Attached Files:

10. Suntana

I have this one but I only use a mini, it works well. The inspire base is of course the better option

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app[​IMG]