Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8" use

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Changing my 4K for an Advance, and wondering if anyone has used a Galaxy Tab S 8" tablet with the Advance.

Does it work OK? I have the 10.5

I also have a Tab A 8" and an nVidia Shield. Just not mad aboutvthe shield

regards, Moby
on the road on my Galaxy S 10.5 tablet

Assuming you mean the tab s 8.4 then yes I'm using one and have no issues at all, it's an old tablet which came with v4.4.4 kitkat so you might want to update it if it already isn't to 5.1 or 5.0.1 Marshmellow, IMO it's the best screen ever to be put on a tablet but alas outdoors in the sun it still suffers from the dreaded glare so a sun hood will be an idea but as far as running the go or litchi app then it's fine

Reactions: Moby58
Been using a Tab S 8.4 for a year and a half. Perfect size for me, very lightweight, mine's got Lollipop which works great with either DJI Go or Litchi.

i got a new 8" Samsung A tablet.

works awesome and was only 139 bucks!
Got my first P3A being delivered next week with a Samsung A 8 " tablet. Will I need an extender on the RC mount for this tablet? The info on this forum is great and has built my confidence for owning my first phantom. Thanks to all! !

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app

With the holder fully extended you have 6 1/2 inches or 165mm, check the dimensions of you tab but I'd imagine it would fit

if you had the 10" you wouldn't need the extender.. No you don't need it with the Galaxy Tab A 8"

its an awesome little tablet, 4:3 format though :( but whatever

Thanks guys.
Ordered an 8.4.

Re holder, I needed an extension when using my Tab S 10.5. As a have a 3D printer, was easy to download a design and print it.

I'm using a tab S 8.4 and it is like a charm, and the fit in the holder perfect.

Side note, I even have the samsung official case on mine and it still works in the holder :)

20160708_235140_zpsdabu0ulf.jpg

OK, now have the S2 9.7 and fits without extender

regards,
Moby

on the road on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5

Been using 10.5 for 3 months now...kinda have to squeeze it in, but works awesome.

selling my pretty much brand new Samsung tablet with folio case and glass screen protector for 100 bucks

ok lets chat. I bought it about 6 weeks ago, and used it about 7-10 times for the drone. Love it, worked awesome, smooth as butter, zero issues. I went and bought the portfoli case for it, that snaps in and works perfectly. Then bought the glass screen protector just in case :) that goes over the screen, like those crappy plastic ones but glass.

I then realized the only thing the tablet didn't have was a compass, something 99% of people do not need at all. but I wanted to have one because I fly long distances and not having a compass I cannot see the little arrow on the map pointing towards my drone.
also I found a deal on a Shield. Packed away the pretty much brand new Samsung Tablet and never looked back ,lol.. I have it on CL and offer up for 150.00 bucks,

bestbuy has it for 200.00
Samsung - Galaxy Tab A - 8" - 16GB - Smoky Titanium
Amazon I think has it for 180.00
bought the case for 20.00
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UVN2UZ4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and the screen protector for 12.00
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YHZTWQC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
would let it go to a fellow droner for 100 bucks plus 5 for shipping.
I would have returned it but I was 1 week away from the cut off

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl