Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge?

DLC

Reaction score
I have read many posts on problems with these S7 phones, is this still a problem or resolved? I have a LG G3 which is going on 3 yrs old, works great but I would like to up grade. The new LG G5 has a smaller screen which I don't like and when checking LG's site (5.3" IPS Quantum QHD Display with 554 ppi and 430 nit)
Not 800 nit, so small and dark?
So now I don't want a iPhone and don't see anything on Motorola so maybe a LG V10-20? any insight on a good choice with a 5.5"-5.7" screen?

Samsung S7 series are getting a bad rep at the mo. I suggest go to banggood.com or aliexpress and get a ulefone power. It's 5.5" screen, 1080p and runs DJI go and litchi no problems as it has 3GB of ram. The price.... Only £115. Best **** phone I ever got. Takes about 2-3 weeks to get delivered to England for me tho

I have Verizon wireless, not many choices and we get certain phones free thru our business, you can get a idea of phones available by looking at there site

I am leaning toward the s7 edge but not sold on it yet, if my G3 would be brighter I would use that for a screen and just get a new phone.

I wouldn't use a Samsung device with any DJI product. They add their own bloatware on top of the Android which likely leads to the processor slowing down. Add any carrier's addition and it gets worse. The Edge with the sidebar screen probably uses even more of the processor to run those always awake apps and could be more taxing. My S6 Edge breaks up video, but none of the Edges are on on their approved list either.

Just get either a Apple iPad Air 2 or iPad Pro 9.7" for droning about and you'll likely have better screen performance than an unrooted Android device. Bigger screen to work the app easier an faster too.

The Samsung S8 should appear soon too and maybe they'll have a better speed and performance than the current series. Then there are soon to appear Apple devices too. GO is getting to be too unreliable as it progresses in size and it may take a lot more "umph!" soon too.

Fwiw, my Air 2 is beginning to break up the video after months of zero break up. Probably an Air 3 is in my future with DJI's software and firmware matters.

I've been using the Nexus 6P running Android 7.1.2 and it's been fine with the DJI Go app. I'm on Verizon, but that shouldn't be a factor.

S7E Android 7.0 and 6.0.1 before with no major issues, occasionally the signal breaks up when taking a pic at range.

Got a couple of those copper type signal boosters, which I think has reduced the amount of signal/picture issues too.

I'm running a debloated ROM though.

Edit: PS I'm using DJI GO 4 App.

Toying with the idea of a Galaxy Tab S3, if the price is right...Or maybe Pixel C if the price comes down. For Pixel C will need to use Bluetooth GPS from my S7E.

Last edited:
I use a Samsung edge 7, Samsung Tab 2 and the Samsung 10.1

All stock

No rooting.

No issues.

Apple is nice but I have no issues with Android.

Reactions: Purgy
I am leaning toward the s7 edge but not sold on it yet, if my G3 would be brighter I would use that for a screen and just get a new phone.

I use to be a Samsung fan, even with all their bloatware. But when they stopped providing the ability to replace the battery I went to the LG-G5, the best phone I've owned to date. They have taken the battery replacement feature to a new level, easy and quick, without having to take the back off the phone. It's almost as quick and easy as replacing my P4 battery. In my line of work there are some days that no phone can provide me enough power, so I highly depend on replaceable batteries. I can literally replace the battery and be rebooted using an app in less than a minute! Unbelievable. The screen is only .2" smaller than your old G3, that's not much.

As much as I love my G5, I don't use android to fly my drones. History indicates the Android software team at DJI isn't as good as their iOS software team. Android still doesn't support 2X zoom, after a year of that feature being on iOS with P4. I also like a much bigger display, so I use iPad Mini2 with my P3P/Mavic, and iPad Air2 with my P4. They aren't daylight readable very easy IMO, but with the AerialMedia hood, I get along, especially if I can find some shade from a tree, or I use my oversized BrockUmbrella, :D I'm waiting for the CrystalSky display to see if I can cope with it's price and lack of third party apps.

upload_2017-3-9_17-1-30.png

Been using S7 edge with 6.0 and DJO GO 3.1.3. Had always worked great. Heard the 3.1.2 is flakey. Just upgraded S7 to Android 7.0. Hope I can still fly ok.

I use s7 edge and it works ok. Biggest issue for me is I can't see any followers or comments when I live stream on Facebook. Works great on my wife's iphone 7 plus though. The app does crash once in a while though. Crashed about two times out of the last 15 times I flew.

Im not sure calling the s7 series the best phone of 2016 is giving it a bad rep. When a company's software doesn't work well with your device, it doesn't necessarily mean that the issue is with your device.....

I used my s7 edge and it worked perfectly. But the screen size was too small for me to enjoy. I recently picked up a nexus 7 2013 for 85 bucks that has 583 nits which is the brightest for Android tablets as well as a master series sunshade.

Just put up a video last night you can check it out here

We use a Galaxy S6 mostly, and NVIDIA Shield sometimes, and I don't think the device is the cause of most people's problems. The problem is that GO is a huge bloated mess of an app that could and should be way more efficient.

Brian
www.skytubelive.com
www.instagram.com/skytubelive

S7E Android 7.0 and 6.0.1 before with no major issues, occasionally the signal breaks up when taking a pic at range.

Got a couple of those copper type signal boosters, which I think has reduced the amount of signal/picture issues too.

I'm running a debloated ROM though.

Edit: PS I'm using DJI GO 4 App.

Toying with the idea of a Galaxy Tab S3, if the price is right...Or maybe Pixel C if the price comes down. For Pixel C will need to use Bluetooth GPS from my S7E.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 works as expected with my P3A.

Has anyone found a solution to the problems with Galaxy S7 and the Phantoms? I fly P3pro, with an old galaxy S4. Would really like to use my S7.

You are using the DJI Go, not DJI Go 4 app? Which Phantom? I guess you mean flight mode on the phone?

Use to use an S7 edge, had issues with app crashing and video transmission, switch to iPhone 7 plus and never had any issues since.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl