Galaxy Note 5 or the Galaxy S6 Edge +

I currently use the note 4 edge. I used my brothers Galaxy S6 Edge Plus yesterday to see if I would get better video reception, still the same issue. I am thinking about going to an iPad for my phantom 3

I recently upgraded to a Note 5 on AT&T and now it does not work. The wifi keeps dropping out every 5 secs or so.

Is that the same issue you are having?
I get the wifi signal fine but the app wont connect to the camera. I just get to the blue screen and the thing just keeps spinning but never connects.

Anyone using the Galaxy Note 5 or the Galaxy S6 Edge +?
I was using a S6, but I believe there are to many things happening using a cell phone to control the P3. You have a lot of services running that are needed for the cell but just not needed for use as a monitor - even in airplane mode. I was able to get my s6 to run most of the time by closing as many services as possible etc etc. But I still had fairly frequent crashes.

So purchased a Galaxay Tab S2 - 8' (non cell). Uninstalled as much bloatware as possible, then disabled about 20 different apps. Also turned off auto update apps in the settings of the 'play store' app.

Then only installed the DJI GO and Litchi apps. So I don't think there is much running in the background. Since doing this and now using the Tab S2, I have not had a single crash, with either app, though I mainly use Litchi. I can also run with GPS enabled and wifi to connect to my s6 cell for map info. All runs very smoothly and the screen is brilliant.

Using note 5 here and I have had absolutely zero issues. Was using note 3 prior and had constant video drop outs and app closures. Not once with my Note 5 and daily flights for 3 weeks.

Old thread but wanted to know what the optimum settings were for the Note 5. I actually traded my P3A for a P3P just to get better video processing to help with FPV more than a need for 4K resolution. 1) Does "Force GPU Rendering" help? and 2) Would "Turn on 4x MSAA" matter at all? These are both in "Developer Options" of course.

Reactions: Superiorside

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl