Futuba

Cr8tive_leo said:
SilentAV8R said:
... I am a member of Team Futaba and have been flying for the Team for about 9 years now...

And you have no idea if you can add a spring? Really?... no really... :shock:

I have not heard of anyone doing it to their 18MZ. Plus it is not something I or anyone I fly with has ever wanted to do, including hardcore heli guys like Nick Maxwell. Even if it was possible I have 15 other models I fly with it ranging from competitive F3J gliders, to pattern planes to helis. I'm not going to be swapping back and forth. I might snag a 10J. Great price, inexpensive receivers, and quad programming. That I could modify to center the left stick and just leave it that way.

http://www.futaba-rc.com/systems/futk92 ... index.html

$350 at Tower

BTW - before it get mentioned, I know full well I cannot operate the Phantom 2 Vision on 2.4 because the WiFi for the DJI FPV camera operates on 2.4. But on a non-FPV equipped Phantom, it would be killer.!!

Whiteram said:
Guess its safe to say I should see one up close and personal as to see any potential benefit.

72 firebird? really ...really? bwahahaaaa!

Are you laughing at the fact that Corvettes were made to keep assholes out of Pontiacs? (72 GTO, 68 Firebird have both graced my driveway in the past- the firechicken was a ragtop)

lol...no. Ive been in the car business for more than 30 years...Id rock a 72 buick electra before i would drive a 2014 evo...

FYI...I dont own a corvette...Its an inside joke at my Chevy store that the average customer is in their 60's and buys them to cruise college campuses to get attention...

that was my synopsis of the Fatuba...attention getter...

Whiteram said:
lol...no. Ive been in the car business for more than 30 years...Id rock a 72 buick electra before i would drive a 2014 evo...

I'd rock the Evo despite what people thought of it. You don't know what you're missing. And the same goes for the Futaba. If you buy it to look cool, I would question your concept of cool. Buy it for the capability. But if you have a P2 and your looking for range, stick with stock. >5km range bone stock and it uses the Futaba FASST protocol.

If your filming, you want a Futaba for triple-rate functions, program mixes, slowing the gimbal tilt, additional channel(s), etc. I originally bought mine thinking the Phantom's Achilles heel was the radio. Turns out that wasn't the case for the P2. But I have no regrets for all the nice slow pans and tilts the Futaba has allowed me to do.

It's a v.1.1.1
The first couple responses I had to this topic: answers were because it looks cool, or more professional. Hard to justify purchase based on "cool" points. Not my words

Im a function over form guy. I don't plan on adding accessories to a huge extent. FPV, and GoPro are the extent. If it communicated with the phantom in such a way to behave better or longer range, it might have been a viable option.

As for the EVO...I have 12 , 2014's in inventory...let me know what color you want...get them before they are no longer available in 2015. "There is no replacement for displacement"...ill stick with the small blocks...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's functional... and cool looking...

DSC_0700.jpg

Schmexy!

Whiteram said:
It's a v.1.1.1
The first couple responses I had to this topic: answers were because it looks cool, or more professional. Hard to justify purchase based on "cool" points. Not my words

Strange the first response said it all:
Hiway said:
Offers more options and ability- farther and more secure range, and less chance of interference. Utilizing a receiver with more channels offers accessories if you wish.

My feeling is if you have to ask then you probably don't need it yet......

You conveniently left out that last part of the post you quoted about people think your a pro or something. MY gut feeling is if you have to be so defensive in your answer to a simple question, you probably have it to compensate for another shortfall...and your right, I don't need it. It's a huge waste if cash

It's ridiculous that you can't ask a simple question in this forum without someone trying to make them self feel big by way of making someone feel small.

Whiteram said:
It's ridiculous that you can't ask a simple question in this forum without someone trying to make them self feel big by way of making someone feel small.

Strange that's exactly how I felt reading all your responses, you simply ignored most of what was quoted and picked up on "Look Cool" then rode with it. Then to ramble on about everyone who did upgrade are doing so because of other shortfalls, in which you are way off track.

It's very apparent you don't need an upgraded controller at this time and most who do, use an inexpensive Futaba T8J, cost less than $200 and don't have any "cool factor" out at any airfield that RC modelers fly at. Until you fully understand the need for upgrading, posters have been running with the "it's cool" or "Pro" simply because of the way you responded. Age card? give me a break......

There are so many threads and post about the subject of Futaba controllers, you could have easily found the answer simply by spending a little time doing a bit of reading.

Whiteram said:

You solidified my point...Ty

Whiteram said:

+

Whiteram said:
Thanks guys...I have the answer I was looking for...

basically, its similar to the 65 year old man who buys a corvette to drive around the local college..

got it! :roll:

=

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypocritical

Whiteram said:

FYI...I dont own a corvette...Its an inside joke at my Chevy store that the average customer is in their 60's and buys them to cruise college campuses to get attention...

that was my synopsis of the Fatuba...attention getter...

Probably should have read entire thread Merriam Webster....Instead of picking and choosing to attempt to belittle (typical here)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pompous

If Buttholes had wings, This place would be an airport Run by Futubas....

I will eventually go to a better controller myself, mainly for the security but also planning on building a hexacopter and would be nice to be able to fly both with one controller. 42 here and not looking for coolness LOL, because when you crash with a 500 controller you look way less cool than you do with a stock one LOL..just saying :lol:
Whiteram…where upstate are you from?

OI Photography said:
lol

Regardless of the terminology you used at the time or the backstory for it, it's the attitude you continue to display that I'm referring to.[/quote

Maybee it's the interpretation of words in writing. Make no mistake, I started this thread because I genuinely wanted to know what the controller could do for me. Longer range? More control? I read in 100 threads that people were using them but not clear why??? My youngest has an sr 120 and I have the phantom. We go out on weekends and fly together. I'm just looking for ways to enhance our experience. No offense intend. No harm no foul

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl