Full Throttle & Propellers Fail to Spin Fast Enough

Reaction score
I've flown my Phantom 2/H3-2D/GoPro about 4 times with no problems. With the most recent flight, after I started the rotors and hold the throttle stick upward, the propellers move faster than the idle speed but don't spin fast enough to lift it off the ground.

The controller & Phantom are both freshly calibrated on the computer with batteries fully charged, the compass is calibrated, gimbal is functional and the Gopro has power.

I'm still pretty new to this stuff but I just received the AVL58 set in the mail so I'd love to get this going ASAP! :D

Thanks!

Re-calibrate the remote control with the RC Assistant and make sure "Mode 2" is selected. Then calibrate the sticks with Phantom 2 software and you should back in business.

Any changes to it since your last successful flight? How do the rotors sound? I have around 25 flights with my Phantom, but you should be able to tell if it sounds like the rotors are spinning up to the right speed or not; similarly, you should be able to tell if it sounds like they may be under strain/bogged down.

If everything sounds okay and none of them are extremely warm after you crank up the throttle, I agree with triggins - plug transmitter in to RC Assistant software and recalibrate and then plug the Phantom in and use the P2 Assistant software to calibrate and ensure it is showing the correct input from the transmitter.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Triggins & Fink, that worked great; back up and flying! No idea when that mode was changed but that seemed to be what was causing the problem.

Thank you both for your help.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl