Full size IPad gen 4

Reaction score
I've searched the site and found a bunch of posts about the IPad mini 4 but nothing about the full size IPad gen 4.

My question is will the full size I pad work with the Phantom 4 Pro controller ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It'll fit, but it's too slow to run DJI GO.

It's not only slow, but big and heavy, too - it is not possible to put iPad 4 in RC's holder without some extender (0.662 kg, 241.2 H x 185.7 W x 9.4 D mm). For reference, iPad Air 0.469 kg, 240 H x 169.5 W x 7.5 D mm. The pain lies in Width (185,7 mm vs 169,5mm)
So - if You can, avoid this - go for iPad mini 2 or iPad Air 1. gen at least.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

For what it's worth I had bought one of those big iPads - not for my drone just for my personal use - it was too cumbersome and ended up returning it within a week

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I use an iPad standard, I guess, 9.5 inch screen, on my Phantom 4. I bought an extender for the mount from Amazon and it works great! I love the large screen and high resolution.
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: Spurbar
I've searched the site and found a bunch of posts about the IPad mini 4 but nothing about the full size IPad gen 4.
My question is will the full size I pad work with the Phantom 4 Pro controller ?
No, it's too old. The Ipad 4 uses the A6 CPU, incompatible. You need at least an A7 CPU (iPad Mini2 and 3 - iPad Air) to run Go or Go4 apps. The A8 CPU is my recommendation in the iPad Mini4 or Air2 because it won't overheat on warm days like A7's. The newer A9 is excellent in the iPad Pro, if you want the best that iOS has to offer, at a premium.

I use my full size all the time. Have not experienced any slowness or overheating.

Attachments

• IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 408
It is full size, but the OP is talking about using an iPad 4th gen.

The model number is on the back of your iPad. The best way to find the model is by Googling that model number.

At least you know what you have now ;)

Reactions: MA drone guy
I use my full size all the time. Have not experienced any slowness or overheating.

That's not the "Standard", if we call "standard" all iPads before Air (5th Gen.) - on photo You can clearly see the Touch ID Home button. Only Two latest 'Full Size' - 9,7" iPad models have touch ID - iPad Air 4 and iPad pro 9,7".
The difference in width, between 'Standard' and Air/Air2/Pro9,7" as I previous said, is ~15mm and is enough for 'too big for controller'.
Weight and power, too.

Update: Emm, sorry, MC DroneGuy and msinger - didn't read this Tree till end before answering/comment :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl