FPVLR VS. DBS

Success!!

I got the 2 Sunhans boosters and tried it out. No loss of signal in directions I was getting before.

I used to have the FPVLR advanced kit but ended up changing it out for the DBS. Tony's kit was a bit too bulky, didn't look as nice and the boosters seemed too unreliable to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: phantom13flyer
I used to have the FPVLR advanced kit but ended up changing it out for the DBS. Tony's kit was a bit too bulky, didn't look as nice and the boosters seemed too unreliable to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree and the fpvlr mount isn't as good as the dbs mount . And boosters on the fpvlr cause major video distortion .

Can I install the sunhans onto my DBS?

Yesterday's test was on my v2 and today I am going to test them on the DBS.

My battery didn't arrive yesterday so I had to plug each one in to a power strip via an extension cord. :D

Screenshot_2015-10-10-13-28-28.png

I used scotch mounting tape
I was wondering if your video is ever distorted using the FPVLR v2 antenna with amps. I have been trying to use mine with amps and every time I get a distorted picture throughout the flight. However when I use it without amps it works perfectly and with great range. In fact I haven't been able to fly it out of f range . I did take me a few batteries to get it all lined out but its working great now with out the amps. The DBS antenna worked great with or without the amps . I'm actually kind of enjoying the lighter weight and one less battery to worry about. But I did want to know if anybody else was having the problem or if it was just something going on with the environment around my flight area.

I was wondering if your video is ever distorted using the FPVLR v2 antenna with amps. I have been trying to use mine with amps and every time I get a distorted picture throughout the flight. However when I use it without amps it works perfectly and with great range. In fact I haven't been able to fly it out of f range . I did take me a few batteries to get it all lined out but its working great now with out the amps. The DBS antenna worked great with or without the amps . I'm actually kind of enjoying the lighter weight and one less battery to worry about. But I did want to know if anybody else was having the problem or if it was just something going on with the environment around my flight area.
Tony told me that it has something to do with the last update I am still running firmware 1.19 I don't have a problem. He also told me that its suppose to get better after the first few thousand feet

OK thanks I'll try pushing through it and see if it improves . Although I really don't need the amps until my battery mod comes in and plus I'm really loving not having to mess with those lol. The FPVLR gives me plenty of range without the amps. Overall I haven't decided which I like best between the DBS and FPVLR antennas. My first impressions so far is I like the mount better on the DBS , its more sturdy and doesn't move like the FPVLR . The FPVLR mount relies on the cables themselves to hold everything in place. Signal and range seems to be even in that category but I haven't had a chance to really test and compare the beam width of the FPVLR . So far though it seems pretty easy to aim . In my opinion to truly test which is better , its necessary to have a battery mod to get out far enough to see which is better. I really like it so far and look forward to flying with it some more. I plan on flying 7 or 8 batteries through it tomorrow. The FPVLR has out flown the battery and its been windy around here so the best I could do so far is only 18k with the stock battery. I'll post more results as I get them.

OK thanks I'll try pushing through it and see if it improves . Although I really don't need the amps until my battery mod comes in and plus I'm really loving not having to mess with those lol. The FPVLR gives me plenty of range without the amps. Overall I haven't decided which I like best between the DBS and FPVLR antennas. My first impressions so far is I like the mount better on the DBS , its more sturdy and doesn't move like the FPVLR . The FPVLR mount relies on the cables themselves to hold everything in place. Signal and range seems to be even in that category but I haven't had a chance to really test and compare the beam width of the FPVLR . So far though it seems pretty easy to aim . In my opinion to truly test which is better , its necessary to have a battery mod to get out far enough to see which is better. I really like it so far and look forward to flying with it some more. I plan on flying 7 or 8 batteries through it tomorrow. The FPVLR has out flown the battery and its been windy around here so the best I could do so far is only 18k with the stock battery. I'll post more results as I get them.
Awesome man have fun bro let me know how you do.

Reactions: phantom13flyer

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT