FPV

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this topic had been beaten to death on here. But I've got a pretty specific question. I'm looking for the best way to fly fpv. I would like to know two things. With the P4 is it better to use FPV goggles or VR goggles? And which ones. I'll say this with an explanation. I don't care about cost, I want the best experience possible. I'm by no means rich. But I believe in buy once, cry once. Another words I'll be patient and save until I have the money for the best. Thanks for everyone's time and advice. I really appreciate all the help I get from this group. Have a great day! (By best I mean what works the best not specifically the most expensive.)
Pic for attention.
5979d3dce16ea52c4587b0705fa29cbe.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: John1960 and IFlyHi
In my opinion is better to use a FPV goggles. I have Walkera Goggle 3 with HDMI module and they works very fine.

Reactions: Jshank
I'll voice a different option (and I'm probably not in the majority)... I find the 9.7" screen on my iPad Pro is good enough.

I have a set of Fat Shark goggles. They're OK when you're a long distance off, but when I'm within visual range (or close enough to hear the craft). I find myself lifting the glasses frequently to get an actual eyeball view of the craft. It's nice to see what the camera sees, but I also like to see what's around the drone at any given time. (Keeping the craft and surroundings in sight is required by law in many countries.. But that's an argument for another thread :) ).

To me, the only advantage with goggles is that you don't have to put up with glare on bright days. I rarely use mine.

I'll voice a different option (and I'm probably not in the majority)... I find the 9.7" screen on my iPad Pro is good enough.

I have a set of Fat Shark goggles. They're OK when you're a long distance off, but when I'm within visual range (or close enough to hear the craft). I find myself lifting the glasses frequently to get an actual eyeball view of the craft. It's nice to see what the camera sees, but I also like to see what's around the drone at any given time. (Keeping the craft and surroundings in sight is required by law in many countries.. But that's an argument for another thread :) ).

To me, the only advantage with goggles is that you don't have to put up with glare on bright days. I rarely use mine.

Good to know thanks. I use a iPad Air. I was hoping for a more in the seat experience.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I wish I could have both worlds. Some sort of goggle solution for camera view glare but still be able to see the AC directly and see/touch on screen controls.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

any reason you prefer one over the other?
They all have pros and cons. I like the Avegant Glyph goggles (which or more like glasses) since they have a nice, crisp picture and they allow me to easily look down at my tablet without removing them.

Reactions: JohnnyB
Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimCJWolfe