Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

FPV - yes. OSD, no thanks.

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by Eos630, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Eos630

Has anyone made a FPV system with no OSD? I'm thinking I'm not that interested in what it has to offer. It will work without, no?

2. Phantom2Pilot

Most FPV systems have no OSD included. It normally needs to be added. What craft are you using?

3. SparkoRC

At the moment I've been FPV flying approx 12 months with no osd, but I have had moments when I ventured to far and was lucky to get the phantom back running the battery to low, which has probably shortened the lipo's life, I am now in the process of fitting a mini osd especially since fitting the Zenmuse gimbal my flight times are even shorter, so with the osd I can keep my eye on the battery voltage and bring it back safely.

4. LeoS

@OP: Are you familiar of what OSD can offer and how to make use of them?

5. Iceman

To many good features on a osd all fvp flights should be flown with one IMO with battery / location / distance / height speed & many more features your a fool not to have one I have flown with & without & will never fly again without besides all that if I ever have not a clue which direction I am the osd tells me !!!!
    For me the dji mini osd was the best £50 I spent on my kit it's a life saver

6. Gizmo3000

I flew 8 months of FPV without OSD (and still don't have it on my Phantom).

But, once I added it to my f450, wow, what an added sense of security it offers.

Most of the telemetry I disregard (tho neat to look at sometimes), but being able to see the battery voltage is _priceless_, because otherwise theres no practical way to know that than using a timer.

It also tells you how many satellites it's getting, and shows you distance from home, .so you know that it's recorded a proper home location.

7. Noël

Noël Guest

I'm using the DJI mini on my flip, but do not like the way the artificial horizon is working ( it showing it the opposite way )

Are their any on-screen displays that show a true artificial horizon and work with a NAZA v2?