Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

FPV range problem

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by Limera1n, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Limera1n

Hey guys, I recently installed the Boscam 600mw 5.8ghz 32ch VTX. I took it out into the park and flew it. The signal was crystal clear... Until I flew it about 50 metres. The video started to break up a lot. I'm using a Turnigy 9x which isn't ideal for FPV, could that be causing it?

2. alokbhargava

This looks to be an antenna issue.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

3. fofun

If your radio is a 2.4ghz radio, then your off to a good start. I recommend a good clover leaf antenna set that has a low swr rating. Make sure that the 3 clover leaf antenna goes on your quad copter, and the 4 leaf clover antenna goes on the receiver. Make sure that your quad clover leaf antenna is pointed down. This gives you the best wave ratio to match the antennas. Oh. And one more thing. Most antennas like line of sight. I get over a mile of reception with this set up. A good patch antenna on your receiver will get you better range also. Good luck and happy flying.

4. fofun

Oh yah. When flying fpv, make sure your radio is 2.4 and your fpv is 5.8. You'll get bad reception if they are both the same frequency.

5. wa5tef

Fofun, can you tell me how to change the frequencies on the radio link? I have not seen that on any of my information.
    Thanks!
    Jim
    WA5TEF