FPV monitor for Phantom 2

Few pics of my new black pearl 7" dual diversity monitor & mount from ravecreative fitted looks great fits perfect highly recommend great piece of kit see pics below

e9e6ymu9.jpg

abu2u4um.jpg

etuvety2.jpg

5egazane.jpg

he3a5ybu.jpg

murepy8u.jpg

5a2a5yqy.jpg

azave7yp.jpg

6uta3ata.jpg

Cheers Phil mate fantastic piece of kit

What type of antenna is the flat white one?

How well does the whole set-up balance?

Any flying yet?
Wondering about the 2 different antenna's. You'll notice when they change from 1 to 2, as the RX light will change from 1 to 2, depending on what antenna the signal is being received from....
I have 2 of the red Sprironet one's on my receiver....been out to 2200 feet horizontally and 50 meters vertically, and received good clean video(600? mw boscam, ch 31). I also have a cloverleaf antenna on the transmitter.

havasuphoto said:

Any flying yet?
Wondering about the 2 different antenna's. You'll notice when they change from 1 to 2, as the RX light will change from 1 to 2, depending on what antenna the signal is being received from....
I have 2 of the red Sprironet one's on my receiver....been out to 2200 feet horizontally and 50 meters vertically, and received good clean video(600? mw boscam, ch 31). I also have a cloverleaf antenna on the transmitter.
The white flat one is a fatshark patch antenna the balance is spot on & really comfortable & like you said it picks up onto which ever ones receiving the best when needed mate

Iceman said:
havasuphoto said:

Any flying yet?
The white flat one is a fatshark patch antenna the balance is spot on & really comfortable & like you said it picks up onto which ever ones receiving the best when needed mate
Thanks-I'll have to look into that antenna, I've not seen or heard of it before. In your opinion-which do you feel works better?
EDIT: i see the patch antenna is directional, within 35? degree's? I guess that means you have to tilt the monitor, with the flat part of the antenna pointed towards the phantom for best reception? Is there a bendable cable that could be attached to it, or does it come with one-so you can tilt it without tilting the antenna?
(sorry for OT questions)

Any ideas for a good 7 inch monitor for the Phantom 2 that will work with DJI's 5.8 ghz tx system?
Looking for good quality and ideally without the external battery...if such a thing exists.
Please let me know.
We have 7" IPS FPV monitor w/ dual 5.8GHz receivers.
fpv-monitor

I use the Nexus 7. It now has an available software driver, and links with wiFi perfectly. The screen is very adequate outside, unlike the ipads, which are impossible to see. I highly recommend!

You must have a Vision. You can't use wifi with a non vision or you're taking a big gamble of crashing. I thought this section of the forum was for non vision 2 birds but maybe I'm wrong.

Any ideas for a good 7 inch monitor for the Phantom 2 that will work with DJI's 5.8 ghz tx system?
Looking for good quality and ideally without the external battery...if such a thing exists.
Please let me know.
Hi,
my set up is a bit different, i used to have the hubsan skyhawk fixed wing polystyrene uav and lost it, no big deal but i kept the transmitter which has a built in 3 1/2 inch monitor that recieves video signal on 5.8 Ghz, i bought a cheap cycle helmet and bolted the transmitter on to the front of it and fitted a gopro camera and transmitter on to my P2 it worked fairly well, but i bought the black pearl monitor which has a 7 inch screen and replaced the hubsan monitor with it and it works well.

The black pearl with amoway circular on one side and flysight patch on other gave me clear color at 2.5 miles last nite
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441128131.616126.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl